Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I am new

Jeenia
@jeenia
13 years ago
3 posts

My name is Alexis, I am currently a Stay at home mom to a beautiful 9 month old girl. I had natural hair for 2 years in an Afro before I got lock'd. I have been locking my hair for 6 months now 4 months with a loctician and her "special mixture" I have no idea what was in it but I think it was grease mixed with other things she runs a business out of her home. My husband and I got stationed in CNY and I haven't been able to find a loctician so I have been keeping them up myself at home for the past 2 months. I don't feel like I am doing a good job using J M&L lock gel because when I re-twist they come un-done the next day. I need need locks cause I am looking for a job.

updated by @jeenia: 01/13/15 09:08:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont twist ever and wash all that gunk out a loctician is a horible idea

the special mixture im sure was a very bad thing to use

just leave em alone let em dread

u do not want to keep twistuning them ever at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeenia
@jeenia
13 years ago
3 posts

I am a military spouse and I am held to a certain standard It reflects bad on my husband if I my hair is not neat. Especially when I meet his higher ups. My lock inspiration has been Nerissa Irving who has very neat locks.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

neatness does not meabn going bald locticians define neatness as pulled in so tightly the locks are tiny and are surrounded by huge areas of exposed scalp

twisting your dreads weakens the roots and can make them dbvreak and if over done cay=uses traction alopecia and permenant baldness requiring a hair transplant to fix

neatness as defined by the miluitary would be clean and styped nice simply pulled back

ofcourse thbety might not like huge congos so just keep them seperated

i have no idea who that person u mentioned is

but if u look at salon dreads most of them wu=ill need hair transplants after they cut the dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok i looked her up hers look completely natural as you can tell by the variations in sizes and the fact they are not perfectly round or straight plus they are healthy enough to got that long i guarantee shes never seen a loctician in her life

--
Jeenia
@jeenia
13 years ago
3 posts

Sorry it took so long to reply, been busy. Yeah she is locked, her sisters, her mom and her father. But she is the "face" of Jamaican mango and lime. I tried contacting her and asking her how she keep her lock looking so well but no reply :(. She has a youtube page if you want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/user/MsNerissaIrving

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

all u need to keep locks looking amazing is keep em clean and healthy thats it

its easy as can be

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form