Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nice to meet you

Patty Haynes
@patty-haynes
13 years ago
39 posts

It seems right for me to do natural dreads when you consider my life over the last several years...

3 years ago I was 30lbs overweight, an alcoholic (9 years), a smoker (14 years), worked 50hrs a week (6 years), my father was undergoing a triple bybass and I had a 6 year old boy at home who needed a mother. I had just turned 30 when my father underwent surgery, it was a wakeup call for me. I started going to a phycologist and started meditation along with anti depressants. With a lot of patience and blessings I havent had a ciggarette in 10 months, I have quit drinking for over 2 years I have lost those 30 lbs and kept them off for 2 years. I eat right, take my vitamins :P and have slowly eliminated most things that were harming me from my lifeie man made BS, be it toothpaste, laundry detergent, makeup, shampoo, processed foods.... I also have a wonderful husband who has supported me every step of the way, bc of him I have been able to quit working and stay home with our now soon to be 10 year old boy. This life is good, I trust myself to be able to take care of myself without anyone force feeding me what I should do and what I should buy and eat and look like. I am really focusing on the important things and getting rid of everything else all the clutter my life had built up. I think letting my hair dread is just the next step for me... All of these things have happened by trusting myself and something more than myself. (My father has recovered but he is still not taking very good care of himself) I hope he knowsthat everything that he has gone through is not wasted, it made me who I am today. I will keep everyone updated...thanks for the ears errrr eyes :)

updated by @patty-haynes: 01/13/15 09:08:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and congrats on all youir life changes and glad they brought u here :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

Your should be very proud of yourself, it is not easy toquit all the bad habits...I smoked for more than 10 years and I quited too, it feels better and better everyday!!...changing your life the way you did is very brave andneed a lot of patienceand you need totake baby steps..just like getting dreads!!! ;^P...good luck!!!

PS:Sorry about my english it is not too good!;^P

Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

It's really great that you were able to change, get rid of all the bad things in your life :) and welcome

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts
Congratulations! It really takes a lot of patience and courage to do all the things you have done. I have just recently kicked a few addictions myself, so I understand where you're coming from. I wish you all the best on your journey! :D
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

Welcome, so happy for you!

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

I shaved my head then quit drinking, smoking cigarettes and drugs altogether (except prescribed neurological meds that allow me to get out of bed) so January 10th is my dread birthday as well as a celebration of life. Although my hair is just now dreading and I'll have a bit of a dread mullet for a little bit this is process has really been more of a process of me learning to love myself than anything. I have become so distant from the way I used to live and finally feel comfortable in my own skin. Remember that you will always know whats best for you regardless of what anyone says. Makes me happy to see people on here who have changed their lives for the better I have too many friends that have wasted this life not knowing how beautiful it truly is.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form