Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oh HAI there! :)

Irishewwie
@irishewwie
13 years ago
4 posts
Wooo, I figured it out. I was a bit confused there for a minute. lol So to get started. HAI! I'm Sherrie. Guess I should introduce myself so here goes.Um. I'm a bit of a hippie. Well...a lot. lol (Even though I'm only 24.) I live way down South in the capital of Louisiana. (Do your homework kids. ;) ) It's hot and humid down here which makes for an interesting experience with dreads. lol I have a two year old daughter, Avagail. (I'm sure she'll show up in pictures periodically.) Her daddy and I have been together going on four years this Dec. <3I've always had REALLY long hair. Like...down to my ass. (Am I allowed to curse here? Sorry if not. I have a potty mouth.) After fighting with it for 23 years I said to hell with it, not happening anymore. I'd always loved the way dreads looked. But never had the balls to do it. So I started researching like crazy. And the boyfriend finally said he didn't care if I did it. So I got my supplies together and on Jan. 1, 2011 I rang in the New Year backcombing my hair. :)It was brutal. It took me 12+ hours. (I did take a nap for about 3 hrs at one point. I got a little too drunk and needed to just rest. lol) For some time after that I palmrolled and then stopped. I wasn't noticing much difference and it annoyed me so meh. And I won't lie, I have crocheted a few. (like three at the ends to blunt them and didn't like it.) Now I have my crochet hook, but it's rarely picked up. I keep saying I'll maintain them.....but I never do. I don't really think I will anyway. I'm loving the craziness of them. :)So I guess I'll show some pictures. :) (Oh pooey. I can only put three. I'll have to put some on my profile if I can. *I'm extremely new to this site, so I'm still learning* )The first picture is the length before dreading. It was incredibly long and thick. So much of a hassle.The second photo is in March so they were two months old. This was BEFORE I noticed any shrinkage.The third picture is my latest one. (Just taken the other day.) And you can see the amount of shrinkage I have. I really hope there's not much more of that. I like my hair long actually. (I turned the contrast on because this was a blurry picture. You can see the dreads a lot better.)And good gosh, this is a long post. I hope it's not too boring. lol
updated by @irishewwie: 01/13/15 09:07:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wow beautiful hair and dreads ) ..is ass a curse? i duno

um gotta tell ya they will shrink alot long hair shrinks most drasrticly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

it looks really good! can't wait to see more pics and follow your journey:)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Welcome Sherrie'] God Bless your journey...xo
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

DAng girl your hair was MADE to dread, .last pic is WONDERFUL!

FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
welcome to the site :D
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Wow they look great! Welcome!

Irishewwie
@irishewwie
13 years ago
4 posts

I did it all by myself besides for the sectioning. It was a lot of work. Especially toward the back. Those were a lot harder to do all alone, but it worked. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form