Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

JACKPOT, BEST PRODUCT, HAIR SAVER & DREAD SAVER, great for all hair types!!

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
I was having trouble with my hair and build up of gunk-junk residues, i was becoming very discourage with my hair texture, color, residue, dread process, everything!!! So I looked online and asked around here and there, and come upon NEUTROGENA ANTI RESIDUE SHAMPOO and so I purchased a bottle today 6 oz for 6 bucks and O'M'WORD it is the best thing I have ever come across and will suggest to anyone & everyone!It not only instantly cleans 90% of residue from your hair but it brings back the shine, soft texture, clean over all feeling, that I have been searching for and have not found until now! Upon instantly added this shampoo to my hair, once lathered i began to rinse, and i mean it was dark brown color residue leaving my hair, it was amazing how well it cleans the hair! It was what i've been waiting for since this dread process with using the baking soda and acv rinse..I assume because my water is bad, it counteracts with the bs&acv rinse, but i figure since the neutrogena shampoo suggests to use only once a week, and if im not to active i will only use once every 2 weeks and in between i'll use the baking soda and acv rinse..I have a 100% positive feeling that I am going to be able to embark again on this dread journey with hope, joy, happiness, overall positive feelings!!I also read that one should incorporate another shampoo & conditioner into their routine because when one uses the same shampoo & conditioner constantly, it does not work like it should..So to switch on & off with 2 brands and I think this NEUTROGENA ANTI RESIDUE SHAMPOO would be the perfect candidate for that because the instant residue break down is astonishing! I am not a fan of products at all, but this i have to say is by far the best & my favorite product..After washing I can say that my hair is no longer dull & the color has been brought out again, its soo soft & my knots are still locking lovely! My hair texture no longer feels caked with gunk-junk residue, it feels clean of residue!If anyone tries this Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo, I would love to hear your experience and I hope by me finding and experimenting with it, will help another that has residue build up like myself.It makes one's dread journey that much difficult when residue is not controlled, so now i have the residue out, i can once again enjoy my dread journey! :) Take care & peace
updated by @spiritbeing: 02/14/15 08:28:29AM
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

Pictures are of my hair after cleaning with Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo ! Amazing the difference, my hair issqueaky clean now:D

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i've tried it but i personally can't stand the smell. also it has sulfates which have been linked to hair loss which i definitely can't afford. if your only using it once in a while then you should be fine. it makes my hair too soft also.

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

Thanks for your opinion, but the smell is and was the least of my worries! lol I want clean hair, it can smell like crap as lONG as it is clean! For example I don't enjoy the smell of vinegar in my hair but I use it..And as far as hair loss, im not in anytime now or later going to let sulfates sit on my head for long period of time or often, its kind of like..common sense..:P lol also it dont make sense to say 'it's linked to hair loss'' haha because MANY products are used for humans andindustrial usage for example like BAKING SODA, it's used for HIGH STRENGTH CLEANING but it dont kill you when you digest it in cakes does it?!?! NOPE. its how things work, and our body deals, dont be close minded andjudgmental..See past your comfort area so you can experience other things not just 'what you hear is the best to use' i enjoy soft knots...lol peace

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i'm confused. didn't you start this post to get peoples opinions of this product or were you just looking for high fives and congrats? i could have just said "great! i'm glad its working for you" if thats what you wanted. i'm in no way a judgemental person and most people on this board know that. i gave you my PERSONAL opinion. we can agree to disagree which is fine by me but don't jump all over people when their answering you forum post especially when it looks like i'm the only one who took the time to do so.

~peace

spirit~being~ said:

Thanks for your opinion, but the smell is and was the least of my worries! lol I want clean hair, it can smell like crap as lONG as it is clean! For example I don't enjoy the smell of vinegar in my hair but I use it..And as far as hair loss, im not in anytime now or later going to let sulfates sit on my head for long period of time or often, its kind of like..common sense..:P lol also it dont make sense to say 'it's linked to hair loss'' haha because MANY products are used for humans andindustrial usage for example like BAKING SODA, it's used for HIGH STRENGTH CLEANING but it dont kill you when you digest it in cakes does it?!?! NOPE. its how things work, and our body deals, dont be close minded andjudgmental..See past your comfort area so you can experience other things not just 'what you hear is the best to use' i enjoy soft knots...lol peace

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

I used this shampoo the day I did TnR, and it seemed to get all the t-gel residue out, but it did leave a smell for a couple days afterwards. I think every commercial shampoo will leave some residue, but its not much with this one. And it did make my hair feel and look very clean. I think this shampoo is totally worth the price, and it has become part of my hair-cleaning arsenal.

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

I did start this forum to gather opinions and share valuable information.. I found the minute factor of smell was that minute and not important..Sorry if you felt I "jumped all over YOU for answering my post" but like i said what you stated about the smell ' to me' is very minute factor and really not important, whats important is it cleans amazingly.. I honestly found your post more of 'bad propaganda' and a scare tactic to have people assume this product will cause hair loss, smell, and make hair 'too soft' *almost like softness will not allow knotiness to occur* which is bogus assumption because everyone is different and for myself I have super soft hair and my hair is knotting just lovely. Basically I care to share informative information, not just biased opinions. What works for one, may not work for another, but lets not 'scare' people to not even try the product*which it may be the best product they've used,like myself..I'm sure most people can read and it specifically states on the product , only needs to be used once a week, and like i stated before that's if you live an active life style, but for one whose not to active and dont get dirt or a lot of build up over time, would only need this product maybe twice a month *maybe if that* so if applied properly, no fear of hair loss.. BTW i was not looking for a 'congrats, or high five' i was simply sharing valuable information...I was having a difficult time with residue buildup and thought honestly it was because of me dreading, but because i educated myself and did not stop looking until i found an answer, i came upon this product and found my answer & solution to my problem. If I can help one person like myself with this issue, then im happy, because i for one know how hard it is to find a product that cleans and one will see results. Thank you for sharing your biased opinion next time you do so on another's post be sure not to go ahead a pat yourself on the back for doing so, because it really don't help no one, not even your ego..

Heather said:

i'm confused. didn't you start this post to get peoples opinions of this product or were you just looking for high fives and congrats? i could have just said "great! i'm glad its working for you" if thats what you wanted. i'm in no way a judgemental person and most people on this board know that. i gave you my PERSONAL opinion. we can agree to disagree which is fine by me but don't jump all over people when their answering you forum post especially when it looks like i'm the only one who took the time to do so.

~peace

spirit~being~ said:

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

That's awesome this product worked well for you !! I'm happy to hear, it's amazing how much build up is taken out with this shampoo..It blew my mind to say the least..lol I also am going toincorporate this shampoo into my washing, not often but once in awhile..It was a very good deal, six dollars a bottle and i did not even use a full palm full & i have long hair.. I am very happy it's part of my arsenal as well.:) continue to have an awesome dread journey & peace :)

lysergic.nightshade said:

I used this shampoo the day I did TnR, and it seemed to get all the t-gel residue out, but it did leave a smell for a couple days afterwards. I think every commercial shampoo will leave some residue, but its not much with this one. And it did make my hair feel and look very clean. I think this shampoo is totally worth the price, and it has become part of my hair-cleaning arsenal.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
WoW--That was some diatribe directed at Heather, one of the nicest peeps on here, SB...I KNOW she meant you no harm...Dang!
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
sorry exalt if you are dishearten by people sharing opinions and criticism but honestly the only way for people to embark on this journey in life, they have to experience things for themselves, so they can further more learn and understand first hand.. I used this product, it worked, so i shared my results & I can see you are acquaintances but rather seeing in just that view, try seeing the post as indirect viewpoint that could likely hinder people from using this product..Like myself have seen so much bologna propaganda, that scare people from getting the results they need & ultimately want. I'm thankful I found this product, solved my hair problem & hope others can solve their residue build up situation with neutrogena anti residue shampoo..its the bomb diggity! I as well don't mean negative energy towards heather as I know she does not mean negative energy, but we have to be soo conscious with our views that have been shaped by bologna propaganda and find out first hand what works best for you, and in the mean time don't prevent anyone from trying something that may benefit em'. peace
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form