Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Patience or Impatience

Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

So I guess I am looking for words of encouragement. I got my hair twisted by mom who used very little wax in my hair.(I am black with about 4" hair)I found this site and quickly stop using. used it once. the part that is bothering me is when i go to sleep i wake up and the twists are gone. some are staying but i will have a group of hair that there is nothing there. I know that I have a journey ahead of me. I am not to concerned with walking around with frizz are anything but when there are patches of hair just chill'n not doing anything..... i dont know it just bothers me. I will guess i will have to learn how to deal. I was told by SE not to wear anything on my head when I sleep. But i did notice that when i did sleep with something on the twist did stay. so i am not sure, Also there are parts of my hair that are staying and starting to some what loc. i want to be natural with my locks but want some control over them.

updated by @devin3: 01/13/15 09:07:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

weell u dont have to wear anything at night but if u wanna u can just woudnr want anything tight

and those patches will dread your only what..days in?

dont expect anything in days..weeks maybe months probably

dreads are comming some may take longer then others but they will all get there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

I know man like i said i am use to breads you know. I guess instance gratification is a bad human trait. I just get upset when i wake up and half my hair is back in a afro again.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

afros will most likely dread faster then twists would anyway

--
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

for real. well thats good to know,How the hell do you know some much and some many different hair types. At first i was unsure of you. i was being closed minded and was not going to take advice from someone who is not black,(I am not racist married to a white women) but you are great. thanks for all your advice. Does anybody else have any input

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

learn from observation been around dreads for many many years seen all hair types dread themselves usualy opretty quickly

then learned much more from seeing the mistakes ppl make ..like when nearly every single person that twist dreads ciomplains of thinning roots its not hard to put 2 and 2 together

(besides most things just make sense when u think about them instead of just doing what others do)

--
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

sounds like a good time. I cant wait to see what happens in a week from now.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form