Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Im really bad at this,

Totally Alex
@totally-alex
13 years ago
5 posts

So if you know me Im Alexander(Alika in hawaii) and.. my dreads were my life.

I cut them off for my mom because she wouldn't stop hrassing me for having them.

Complaining about colleges not acecepting me because of dreads, jobs not hiring me because of dreads(even though when i cut them off NOONE hired me anyway)

So in June we cut my babys off. I peered at a few and saw leftover wax still in them from years ago! She argues it was good to cut them off. But i argue that she ruined my journey.

anyhow. My hairs not too short, and she agreed once i get in college i can start my dreads again.. but this isn't up to her. its my hair. so i took over and said. by the begiining of 2012 im starting my dreads whether you like it or not. Pretty intense arguing back and fourth. But i figured if i didn't live my life MY way. I''d never achieve my goals.

So my cousin zack(had dreads for a 1 year now) has dreads by the Rasta way. He told me before i start again that i need to know the history and love of dreads. and why i wanted to start my journey in the first place.

So that's why im here on dreadlockssite once again. So i can relearn the meaning of growing my dreads in the first place.

i figure that ill start sectioning by january when i finish highschool.

if anyone has any advice after this horribly long story. Leave me some help!

updated by @totally-alex: 01/13/15 09:06:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont start sectioning let it section itsdelf stop combing and let it dread ..and yea no wax wax will never wash out even after years as u saw

just wash and wait the dreads will come

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
Exactly! For all we know, this is our first and/or last life so you must do what feels right. Dreadlocks can save the world one head at a time I swear :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dr bronners diluted maylees gardens (in our shops here) or baking soda no soap

Alexander(Alika) said:

What soap or shampoo do you reccomend i should use?
soaring eagle said:

dont start sectioning let it section itsdelf stop combing and let it dread ..and yea no wax wax will never wash out even after years as u saw

just wash and wait the dreads will come

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts
As a mother I am glad you sacrificed one more time for her :)she as so little time left with you that giving her "this one" is the sign of a grown man in my opinion of those I have many...You have the rest of your life are moving forward your dreads should come naturally then...besides this is part of the journey to so no time lostIt is wonderful you want to learn "Why" first as well
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form