Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twist and Gel and Wax question

Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

So I was wondering with African American hair should i be using any kind of gel or wax in my hair? My second question is my hair grows more straight on one side and does not want to stay in a twist. So I used rubber bands to help them stay in a twist. Any ideas on how to keep them down?

updated by @devin3: 02/14/15 02:30:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

take off the rubber bands no wax no wax no wax but your hair tends to be too dry ..dry helps it dread but it gets too dry and brittle so aloe or shae otr jojoba helps moisdturize..as needed

but /..noi wax..ever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Terence
@terence
13 years ago
4 posts

My loction uses shae butter and honey for my hair and I have real fine hair. I mixed wit blk/pr.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u go to a loctician????????????? bad idea

--
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

NEVER USE Wax. That is a no no. Aloe gel should be fine but if you want to use lock gel use the Rasta Locs Twist (Yellow container) brand since it does not flake. I know some people that have started dreads with braids...

Joe Shmoe
@joe-shmoe
13 years ago
15 posts

Because some people like their locs to look well cared for and maintained. minus the fact it can be expensive why is that a bad idea?

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

because absolutely everything they do is destructive and..wrong..how can you not know this?

Joe Shmoe said:

Because some people like their locs to look well cared for and maintained. minus the fact it can be expensive why is that a bad idea?

soaring eagle said:

--
Joe Shmoe
@joe-shmoe
13 years ago
15 posts

everything they do is destructive and wrong? please elaborate b/c i think you're def generalizing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nope im not

ok examples wax use dread perms interlockimg telling u not to wash for months twisting crocheting glueing swewing hell we seen them use liquid latex

absolutely everythung they do is wrong like you twisrting every week? do you want to go bald?

let me guess a loctician tolls you yto do that that thins the roots causes them to break and can cause traction alopecia

everyone knows wax is evil in dra=eads yet most locticiands use it

they will twist caucasian hair wich never dreads from twists

they will use glue and gunk and felting that totaly destrot=ys dreads they use rubber banf=ds for months

i have never seeen 1 single loctician in the world that did dreads right without ecxtreme harm now some arent as bad as most 1% aboput arent disasters

but 99% of salon disasters have to be startd over

ive seen ppl spend 14,000 and have theyre dreads fall off

jyust tghis week anouther spent 900 and had to start obver cause every single thing u culd do wrong was done caked in wasx..interlocked ..re-backcombed weekly..told not o wash for 4 months u name it

u tell me 1 thing they do right..if you can

Joe Shmoe said:

everything they do is destructive and wrong? please elaborate b/c i think you're def generalizing.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hows this ? does this look like someone who knowshow to dread right? this disasters a perfect example of the destruction of a loctician and how wrong they do things

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form