Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair doesn't want to dread??!!!!

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts
I have no idea what I did or am doing wrong but my hair has all but came loose!! I have just a handfull of sections that have stayed the way they were when I initially started but most of my hair has came loose. It looks like it did before I started and I have no idea why. I wash every couple of days and that's about it. I have to wear a hat and a hairnet for work but I'm very confused and annoyed that my hair wont lock up.Does anybody have any tips?? I will have pictures up tomorrow so everyone can see what I am trying to describe. (not very well I might add)
updated by @keith-lackey: 01/13/15 09:06:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how did u "start" what do u wash w=ith and how how do u dry im guessing the hairnets not helping at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

I apologize for the lack of details I never was a good communicator. I was used to getting my hair braided so after the last time I took the braids out I washed with regular shampoo and let my hair go. I never brush my hair so it seemed like the dreads would just happen. I waited a few weeks and twisted in sections, but I found out that doesn't work for my hair. (You helped me realize that) That was lazy of me for not doing enough research. I then left them alone for a few more weeks and went with the TnR method.

They looked great at first, but as the weeks went by they started separating and now I have maybe 6 that resemble what they looked like at first.

I use baking soda and filtered water for shampoo and condition once a week with the ACV. I pour the shampoo on my hair an kinda scratch my scalp since I have dry skin. I don't bother the "dreads" but I do hold them up when I rinse. I pat dry with a towel. I usually sit it on my head and put a little pressure to help soak up excess water. Then I blow dry for a minute or two on low. I'll lay a towel on my pillow to help with any extra water.

I'm not a big fan of the harinet but I have to wear it for work.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its only been several weaks? its normal to loosen up ak]=lot before ightening if u are at all oily skip the vinasger and

in any case add sea salt to the routine

if u can sleep on wool even beter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts
Yeah its been a little over two months. When you see my new pics you will see what I'm talking about. I'll do the sea salt. By wool do you mean wearing a knitted hat?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form