Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I still got this dandruff problem !!!

Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
I use deep cleansing shampoos and conditioners tea tree oil , carrot oil, shea butter oil , sometimes jojoba oil and my scalp is still dry. My scalp is white and dandruff is all over the place HELP ME PLEASE . ANY DOCTORS OR DERMATOLOGISTS OUT THERE THAT CAN RECOMMEND ANYTHING
updated by @dreadheadbutterfly: 02/14/15 05:40:21AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

rosemary oil and cold cold rinse

if u use tearree dont use too much use 3 times more rosemary then teatree

i thik lil lemongrass can help too but rosemary is best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and try the baking soda deep cleanse with the traatree rosemary pepermint

follow with acvg rinse and the jojoba or better yet aloe

--
Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts
ive tried everything also lol i just said screw it and went back to using sulfur 8 products like the shampoo and scalp conditioner cream. works for a few days for me :) but if you prefer the natural approach its not the best thing for you. My dry scalp would wake me up out of a sound sleep so i decided what was more important lol
MRH
@mrh
13 years ago
8 posts

What do your flakes look like? If they're small, white and loose with no odor then the the type of dandruff you have may be pityriasis capitis and is cause by the dead skin on the scalp shedding quicker then you can wash it away. This type of dandruff is commonly treated with over the counter dandruff shampoos* and regular acidic rinses like apple cider vinegar.

If your flakes are thick, greasy and yellow or off white then it may be seborrhea dermatitis which is caused by heavy product build up, especially if there is a musty smell in th hair that lingers even after washing. Using a clarifying rinse and staying away from heavy products is the best way to treat the scalp.

If you have been using some sort of medicated shampoo or rinse in your hair for more then 3 weeks without any result, you should really go to a dermatologist so they can see if you really do have dandruff or some other skin condition like psoriasis which is commonly mistaken for dandruff and has be treated with a prescription.

*Be careful with the dandruff shampoos, many of them will dry out your locks. Any of the rinses mentioned in the other responses would be good alternatives.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ive found the bs acv and herbs work well for both types bu t im betting its the heavy buildup type

but thanks thats some great info

--
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts
Maybe evaluate what is in your diet as well. Heavily processed meats,cheeses,and wheat can have an effect on the condition of your scalp. What you put on the outside could illeviate the symptoms for a while. But maybe you need to also look at it from the inside out.
Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
TRINA THANKS I REALLY WANT TO GO ON A DIET BUT ITS SO HARD TO CHANGE WHAT I EAT ..........I SUM HELP IN THAT AREATHANKS MRH I REALLY NEEDED THAT INFO AND I WILL BE GOING TO THE DOCTOR ..THE DANDRUFF I HAVE IS WHITE LIKE SNOWFLAKES ......OH N SOARING EAGLE BUT WAT IS ACV? ............AMANDA THANK YOU ALSO AND IDK WHAT IS DRYIN MY HAIR OUT SO I WILL BE HEADIN TO THE DOCTOR ........MONTE IVE USED SULFUR 8 AND MY SCALP DRYED SO FAST LOL
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
how long have you had dreads. I found some of the "potions" work but time worked as well for me. at the beginning it's like your scalp is fighting with you and your new approach on hair care. if you haven't had dreads for a couple months don't worry too much your scalp will get used to it and things should mostly resolve themselves for the most part.
Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
i have had dreads 4 almost 2 yrs
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form