Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Chelsea Denner
@chelsea-denner
13 years ago
9 posts
Ok so I've been on this site since a couple weeks after i started my dreads but I've never posted anything yet! So I just want to say hello! Anywho. The reason I'm posting is because I've been getting lots of coments on my dreads about what I should put in them and what I should use to make them look better and I know that they're not perfect but I love them! But it kinda discourages me a little when people comment like that! Anyway I was just wondering what kind of comments do you guys get about your dreads? I live in a area where white girls with dreads are not very common so I get some crazy looks sometimes!
updated by @chelsea-denner: 01/13/15 09:04:07PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Welcome Chelsea'] With locks, the less "perfect" they are the better they are, lol. I have a little trouble with people accepting my hair, too, even my hubby, but I just smile hold my tongue and go merrily on my way. Just keep them clean and separated and yo are good to go, don't use product..xo & joy...Nancy
Chelsea Denner
@chelsea-denner
13 years ago
9 posts
Yea i totally agree with you! I have had my dreads for almost a year now i first did it with wax but then I learned the harm it does and i got all of it out and I'm never using anything in my dreadies again! But it never changes the different comments i get from different people all the time! I just got into an argument with a friend of mine who goes to hair design school and says that dreads are done a certain way! But i guess as long as I know what's right is all that matters!

ExaltHimx7 said:
Welcome Chelsea'] With locks, the less "perfect" they are the better they are, lol. I have a little trouble with people accepting my hair, too, even my hubby, but I just smile hold my tongue and go merrily on my way. Just keep them clean and separated and yo are good to go, don't use product..xo & joy...Nancy
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

I think your dreads look good! I still get tons of suggestions and I have had mine for almost 14yrs in July.

I get people telling methat I need to twist my roots. And they have more scalp showing than I and their dreads look badly damaged. Mine are healthy,thick,and all over the place and I love them.

It can get annoying I agree but as time has gone by I have learned to just ignore because it takes way too much time andenergy to care about there ignorant comments.

Chelsea Denner
@chelsea-denner
13 years ago
9 posts
thanks a lot for both of your words of wisdom! i cant wait till my dreads to be 14 years old! just thinking of what they might look like a month from now makes me happy i never can wait to see how much they have grown! people on here with their stories about their dreads and how long they have had them inspires me so much!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form