Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby Dread help.

Amber Rae
@amber-rae
13 years ago
9 posts
I dreaded all of my hair except my bangs, i have dreads of all shapes, sizes, lengths, and widths. All in all their are eighty-two of them. I used the backcombing method for them, but now I'm just letting them do what they want to do. They were made on May 28, 2011. Making them a little more than two weeks. I wash them about every 2-3 days. Their wavy and have loops and lumps in them, i love every bit of them, i'm wondering what i can do to help them in the dreading process and to try to hide the huge spaces in the back of my head.
I have pictures of all sides of them.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc476/AmBiE278/Snapshot_20110616_3.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc476/AmBiE278/Snapshot_20110616_15.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc476/AmBiE278/Snapshot_20110616_23.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc476/AmBiE278/Snapshot_20110616_42.jpg
updated by @amber-rae: 01/13/15 09:04:03PM
Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts

I too, backcombed mine. I started mine of May 22. I "re-did" them several different times, but have also decided to let them do what they want. Right now they are getting bumps, but no loops yet. The only thing I do is wash and seperate. After I wash, they seem to be really loose, but after they dry for a day or two, really start locking up good. I think its when they are clean and dry! Yours are looking really good! Keep up the good work.

<3 namaste.

Amber Rae
@amber-rae
13 years ago
9 posts

Star Mercer said:

I too, backcombed mine. I started mine of May 22. I "re-did" them several different times, but have also decided to let them do what they want. Right now they are getting bumps, but no loops yet. The only thing I do is wash and seperate. After I wash, they seem to be really loose, but after they dry for a day or two, really start locking up good. I think its when they are clean and dry! Yours are looking really good! Keep up the good work.

<3 namaste.

What are you using to wash yours? I use dr.bronners tea tree

Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts

Right now I am using Neutrogena anti residue shampoo, becuase it works wonders for oily hair, but and considering starting to use baking soda. I heard that works well too! I just think the soapyness of the shampoo helps unknot them a little...

Amber Rae
@amber-rae
13 years ago
9 posts

Star Mercer said:

Right now I am using Neutrogena anti residue shampoo, becuase it works wonders for oily hair, but and considering starting to use baking soda. I heard that works well too! I just think the soapyness of the shampoo helps unknot them a little...

I tried the baking soda and acv rinse, it made my dreads so soft and knotty! it was amazing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont see huge gaps just backcomb makes goofy looking dreads they will look better in a month or 2 as they "naturalize" and loose the goofy backcomb look

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts
Your dreads look very pretty ^_^ seriously. I think they're doing great.
Amber Rae
@amber-rae
13 years ago
9 posts

grittyjane said:
sea salt really helps but you have to be careful if you don't want to fry your hair with it
I have a spray bottle with a little bit of sea salt and water in it, i spray my dreads the day that i wash, then in the evening i wash them because it gives my scalp the itchies.
Amber Rae
@amber-rae
13 years ago
9 posts

soaring eagle said:

dont see huge gaps just backcomb makes goofy looking dreads they will look better in a month or 2 as they "naturalize" and loose the goofy backcomb look

Just watching them grow so far is so exciting, the new bumps, loops, frizzies, their all just great, I'm a little worried that in the future they'll loose the wave, but they have a mind of their own, and i respect them for that.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form