Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Length: What's too long?

Onyx
@onyx
13 years ago
3 posts

I was worried and seemingly unable to dread my hair using backcombing and/or twist-and-rip on my very thin hair that went past my bottom, even after braiding it to make is frizzy.. I cut almost half of it off...about 14". I am doing my own dreads, alone, so it's been tough. My hair has thinned-out a lot due to meds and diet.

I could have kept my awesomely long hair, couldn't I? *Sigh* Any advice? I'm still trying to finish, and have the lower half done. I have straight, dark, but thin, "white" hair. Any advice is welcome!

updated by @onyx: 01/13/15 09:03:48PM
Frank Booth
@frank-booth
13 years ago
21 posts
Yes!I'll leave Soaring Eagle to go into greater detail,but longer hair should make it easier to dread.One of the lessons I've learned from my dread journey so far is patience,good things come with time. My advice is to let your hair what it wants.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what do you mean backcomb and tnr didnt work? it loosened up and fell out? so what? wait another few weeks or a month and it dreads riught back up

these methods dont make dreeads time makes dreads u have amazing hair for dreading all u ned to do is let it dread

cutting will slow things down long hair dreads fast

chage how u wash

then leave it alone

dont even bother backcombing

tnr if u want but u dont gotta

just give it time and it dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form