Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Conforming to the intro post

Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts
Well, I sorta hate "introduction threads" but the kids are napping, I'm bored and hey...I am new, soooooooooooo...Hi everyone!*cue monotone "hi Nikki"So this month marks the 1-year mark for my dreads! Yaaaaaaay! LolStarted out with backcombing and crocheted during the first week. Haven't done a damn thing since then except dye-jobs and separating. Oh, and I ripped a few big monsters into smaller, more manageable monsters.I think the best thing about having dreads is the fact that it's so different from the normal stuff you see around my town. I've only had one negative remark about them, to which I responded "hey...dude...you're telling me you're 3x my age and I have more maturity than you?". But anyways, for every bad apple, there's about 3 more that are the sweetest tasting things your lips ever touched.Anyways, yeah...I love me dreads! Haha. I almost always have fun beads in my hair, all sentimental ones which is kinda cool cause it's like I'm carrying my story on top of my journey, lol. (props to you if you can stay with me and my tangent thoughts and strange analogies through this thread!). Also rock some pretty scarves most of the time...tried to do that without dreads and the damn things wouldn't stay on my head! Hahahahahah.....DRRRRRREEEEAAADDDDS!Anal right, where were we? Ah yes, I remember...I kinda like to think of them as my "people filters". Meaning if someones gonna give me close-minded, nonsensical bs about "oh, dreads are nasty!" then I at least know right off the bat who they really are and I know I don't need to waste my time getting to know them. On the other hand though, I have met some pretty cool people I would've never thought to strike up a conversation with had I not had dreads.So there ya have it...my philosophy, a little history, and a peek inside my mind. Hope you enjoyed it! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!Peace & namaste
updated by @nikki5: 01/13/15 09:03:37PM
Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts
Hahahahahahq! That was supposed to say "anyway" Not "anal" lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i was wondering if u were relealing lil too much about yourself haha tho im guessing alotta guys were like yay haha

best typo ever or could that be a typo but a fruedian slip it wasnt even close to enough letters so i have to think your subconsouse wantes us to know a lil more then the consoiuse mind would have revealled

well ya blew the monotone hi nikki now instead your gnna get alotta heyyyyy nikki!!!1 in odvios excitement and enthusiasm (and a lil false hope too maybe)

haga

welcome great intro

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts

lol, fucking hillarious! Have I mentioned how much I hate that the iPad automatically corrects any spelling errors? Sadly, that's not the first time I've made an ass of myself due to misspelling. har-de-har-har!

Thanks SE

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
I know what you mean by people filter I notice the same when I started to let my beard grow out, my beard grows really fast. I notice it would freak out a few people and some would just judge me right away Isupposethe same will apply when my dreads are 100% fully formed. During the winter I wore my tam a lot when I went out but now I tie my hair or I just let them loose. When I let them loose I get a lot of stares and theoccasionaldisgustedlook. In a weird way I find it "empowering" it gives me a hight..kind of.. it's hard to explain. BTW welcome to the site.
Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts

Haha! I know exactly what ya mean man! Kinda' like "That's right, I'm in no way conforming to your way of thinking". Definitely empowering. :)

Oh, and lots of long facial hair is sexy as hell! I love it when my hubby gets all caveman-like in the winter. hehe

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form