Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

4 days in

Celticbrown
@celticbrown
13 years ago
4 posts
OK I am 4 days into my dreads...used wax and now that have been reading all the stories about wax and how it screws up your dreads and hold dirty...kinda getting worried. But anyway I like the dreads and have always like them. I am 30 and a ex-cop that pissed off the wrong people now I am a stay at home dad. I would like some tips on how to fix my dreads (I used notty boy's wax and their tightening gel.) My hair is only 4 ins long and it is fine but thick. Please give me some tips....and try not to scare me..cause I had a buzz cut for 4 years and really don't want that again...(not looking at buy any products cause you see I am a stay at home dad lol )
updated by @celticbrown: 01/13/15 09:03:33PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Congratz on your dreads. I wish that you had saved your money and not spent it on the wax and gel. Since they are only 4 days old, and the knots are not really formed and firm, I would suggest you wash with Dawn dish detergent in the hottest water that you can stand to get the wax out. Depending on how much you used, you will probably have to do this several times. Other than that dreads are pretty maintenance free. Wash them once or twice a week with a residue free shampoo. Keep them separated. That means pull them apart when little hairs try to get 2 dreads to form into one. Make sure they are dry before you put on a hat, pull them into a ponytail or go to bed. Prolonged dampness encourages mold and mildew. Other than that leave them alone. Dreads take care of themselves :)
Celticbrown
@celticbrown
13 years ago
4 posts
Thanks man..this will work for fine straight hair as well? Mine is only about 4 ins long.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

I have very fine straight hair. I never do anything but wash and separate. My hair knots up just fine :)

Dawn works well in your situation. If your dreads were fully mature and you had been waxing for a long time ...it would require a more intensive approach to remove.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can do this soak in undiluted vinager 10 minutes squeeze from root to tip pulling the wax out like toothpaste then do the very hot water and down dish soap

since your 4 days in only u mugyht just want to comb out scrub with dawn a few times then start over using twist n rip ..u can fgo natural too but another 2 inches will makre natural wiork better

nivce to see more cops dreading

:)

umm the ppl u pissed off were they criminals r..other cops?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Celticbrown
@celticbrown
13 years ago
4 posts

Thanks for all the tips, I wish I had found you all sooner. I have always wanted dreads and I have nothing left but time and my family. I will keep you all up to date about how they are going...right now I did my first rinse and 2nd rinse...going to try the vingure next...found out that a few were starting to not up...happy about that but sucks that I used wax.

I pissed off the upper ranks of my department...I stood up to them and let them know what they were doing inmates and staff was not ethical or moral. I thought I had all my chicks in a row so I allowed my Deputies to use tasers on themselves to see what it felt like...I got my auidance I wanted with the uppers, but they had been planing my end for me. After all the placing the mirror infornt of them trying to show them what they where doing wrong and how un-ethical it was to be treating people like they did....They already had made up charge to arrest me with...but one problem is that all the staff and inmates sided with me...so they ran me out town....but anyway that is the past and now they have created a monster for human rights and freedom of choice. They funny thing was they knew of my past and thought since I had a clean hair cut and said yes sir, that I would follow their every order....they were wrong lol...cause I know my laws and I know what I could and could not get away with. But little did I know they could make up laws on the spot or rules to get rid of me. But you can read for yourself all the shit they are in Now..just google inmate death in Gregg County and you will find it all...hope the Feds shut them down. Hell I could go on and on about it but I want.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i wsas bout o say its probly more dangerouse to piss off the cops then the criminals i know exactly wwhere your comming from i knew a guy the cops beat then hung in his cell in west virginia

ive seen alotta made up charges used to grab innocent ppl off the streets

theres a hell of alot of abuse of power

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form