13 years ago
15 posts
Okey Dokey
updated by @jayrock: 07/18/15 09:42:15PM
Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts

part of the process is trying different things until you find what works for you. while working as a juvenile correctional officer i had a couple of youth who were rasta and thats how they started off their locs in the facility. they didnt want their hair twisted all the time so they did that method so that they would not get huge congos without all the separating. their hair texture allowed their hair to form their own separations when rubbed. but you dnt have to do it that way. its just a way ive seen that was proven to work in that environment. soooooooooooooooo dont knock it until you try it.

Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts

Ight

Here is day 1 of the process. No comb/brush. The hair was totally flat on the sides due to sleeping. As the day goes by it somewhat poofs out a bit.

A quick question.

What is a good shampoo? I read the baking soda method but i dont have all the herbs necessary to complete the mixture and i dont think we have dr.bonners soap.I used pantene last night but i doubt that is recommended for dreadlocks. Im looking for something i can find in like CVS or something.

Im a bit worried about the journey but i hope i can end up with some dreadlocks i can call my own. Ive seen some nice looking freeformed dreads but ive seen some crazy ones that i wouldnt want on my head also

updated by @jayrock: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form