Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm New-Pics Of My Hair. Im going natural

Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts

Hello from Atlanta. My sister gave me finger twists like a week ago and i hate all the unraveling, i hate adding the nasty gel and i hate all the twisting and not being able to wash my hair(it itches). Im 17 yrs old and i want to go natural. Im african american and id like to give up all the gel and go back to washing my hair again. GOD how itchy my hair is. My sis told me i couldnt wash it till or the twists would come out. I didnt even know you could get dreads naturally without doing anything! If i had known i wouldnt have wasted 5 hrs getting her to twist these!

Pics of my hair with twists and some other crap below. This was when they were fresh. Now they are unraveling and im saying screw it.

Thanks

I want dreads but im not interested in all the maintenence. I want to go natural, no products or anything. So im planning on washing my hair which will probably take all these twists out and I just dont comb it?? I've seen some ugly looking natural dreads and i want to look somewhat respectable with mine, so please someone give me some help.I'm having trouble navigating through this site so its hard to find answers.

Thanks

updated by @jayrock: 02/14/15 10:02:45AM
Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts
well, you could leave the twists in and wait for them to lock and never get them twisted again or if you do wash the twists out just rub your hair (im not sure if its clock-wise or counter clock-wise motion) and your hair will naturally section off into little balls or coils. for the first few months wash your hair with a stocking cap over it so that you dont undo any knotting of the hair you have achieved. Overtime your hair will lock and you will no longer need the stocking cap.if you dont like the locking gel try aloe gel to keep your hair in place until it matures.
Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts
p.s. As long as you carry yourself with respect others will follow suit :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm i would ignore all that dont rub dont wash with a stocking just wash and do nothing all u do wabt to do is seperate them so they dont grow into huge dreads thats all

stocking caps not only silly but counter productive

dreadinfgs asy wash and thats it seperate sections as they form dso they dont grow together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts

Here is my hair as of today. The twists are unraveling and the hair is sweaty/dirty so im planning on just washing it tonight with whatever shampoo i have lying around. Then I just do absolutely nothing and they will lock over a period of months?

Im worried that this neglect method will have my hair looking like a zoo for a while until it starts to lock up. I go out in the public every once in a while lol. is there a way to somewhat keep it managed? Black hair looks nappy when its long and unkept.

updated by @jayrock: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
13 years ago
95 posts
Learn the baking soda wash wash all that crap out no comb no condiotioner wash whenever you want to my hair gets washed everyday and the dreads keep comin and forget all about whatyour hair looks like as for your hair gettin wild and hectic thats inevitable, YOUR hair has to do what what it has to do lock up. Just let it be thats what it all about man. Thats what I think.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

embrace the mess you'll learn to love it

its a beautiful organic process

--
Jayrock
@jayrock
13 years ago
15 posts

0_0 This goes against everything I've been taught. But hell im 17 and im gonna give it a shot. Im gonna wash it tonight. I've got no baking soda but i got some Loreal or somethin like that. Ill check out the baking soda method though.

Just to clarify- cuz this is hard to get through my head. I wash it. let it dry. Then do nothing to it(dont put a cap on at night or try and stye it with my hands). Then wash it again the next night or some time soon?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wash 1-3 times a week not every day thats not the best shampoo but hell u gotta wawsh sio wash

get a better shampoo or baking soda

and yea let it dread seperate as they foerm thats it

put a wool swearer over your pillow if u want it helps

--
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
13 years ago
95 posts
When I said I wash everyday I ment with only water, my mistake. I wash with baking soda on the weekend.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form