Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey! Newbie and looove this site :)

Darcie Rae
@darcie-rae
13 years ago
4 posts
i started dreads (twist n rip) bout a week ago...they became really loose so i decided to start over..i want not so many and thicker dreads...today i started re-dreading...started out back combing now back to the original method...i don't plan on washing as much and WILL have patience...i know they will loosin up i just gotta go w it...i'm a massage therapist and taking an herbology course..so far i had good feedback which was totally unexpected...the people here don't know what locs are! haha...anyways i figure if i can be myself and let it show it gives others confidence to be themselves too :) love u all
updated by @darcie-rae: 02/14/15 02:27:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u look amazing in dreads :)

so beautiful just let that light shine

cant wait to see them mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Darcie Rae
@darcie-rae
13 years ago
4 posts
awe thx!
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts

Welcome! I had tnr "dreads" for about 2 months, before they loosened up and came out. I know the frustration you must be feeling with the process. I have learned, through the great folks here, that backcombing is awful for the dreading process. I'm letting mine go naturally. If you want some great tips (I'm not sure what kind of hair type you have), but I posted a topic titled "Heartbroken"... I got a lot of great feedback, perhaps you might find something useful. :)

Happy dreading!!

PowpOwpoW
@powpowpow
13 years ago
9 posts
welcome my fellow noob lol..... see u around!
Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
13 years ago
57 posts
Hey welcome! I was originally going to go TnR...(BTW im also a noob) But Soaring eagle and some others inspired me to go natural and just let my hair do its own thing...im only a couple days in but very excited. Hope to see you around!!!
lunn
@lunn
13 years ago
22 posts

hi

Darcie Rae
@darcie-rae
13 years ago
4 posts

oh i love you all! you gave me butterflies..:) miss kaye rain i can't believe yours fell out! that sorta bums me out...you guys are making me want to just go all natural..i'm a lil afraid of the first...YEAR or two lol..i know how wild it will look...if this was 2 years ago i would totally do it..when i was living away from society. lol what a biotch it is to have to adhere to some of their ways...aww nuts. so i have some backcombed, some tnr..i might just let the rest do it's thing and see how these hold up..my hair is already got some good natural oils goin on might as well keep going! haha

Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts

Apparently it is very common for tnr to loosen up.If you areconcernedabout looking unkempt while you go natural, get a pretty head cover, like a tam or a wrap.Panterra Caraway made me a BEAUTIFUL tam, for a VERY reasonable price. You could ask her to make one for you. :) Don't get discouraged if your tnr or backcombed sections come undone, they willloosenup and tighten up andloosenupagainover time. You should check out the FAQ section and come back here often for awesome support. :)

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
My knots started out similar to yours. Some of mine are back combed some TnR a couple of braids and the rest left to neglect. I really did not intend to start that way, it just kinda happened. It is interesting to see how they matured starting with different methods. It was almost an unintentional experiment.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form