Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey There All! I am a newbie!

Amy Ohler
@amy-ohler
13 years ago
3 posts

I am considering/beginning this dreading process, and I figured I would introduce myself.
I am a stay at home mom, and my Husband seems to think the dreads thing is a bad idea. Myself, I think it may be just what I need, although I am feeling a little stuck in the MOM rut. Iwonder if I am too "square" to pull off dreads. Is there such a thing??

Inside me I am an individual. Outside, I am a drone. Boring and plain. I hate it.

Should I take the final plunge and commit to the dreads, or should I listen to my husband and continue to be bland??

Help Me Please!

My hair is about 5-6 inches long and curly/wavy. What is the best method I should use to dread it, and how do I start??

updated by @amy-ohler: 01/13/15 09:02:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome dont be bland and boring be spicy and sweet and a lil bit wild

best way..natural just stop combing wait for dreads this works best with 6 or more inches at 5-6 it will be a lil slow maybe

next best twist n rip

your husband likes bland?

is he bland too?

surprise him with a facial tatoo

that way he wont be bland and wont object

but i do mean surprise..

chloroform

knock him out when he wakes he'll have a big sunfflower on his face and he wont be bland no more

(my excuses is i havent had my coffeee yet forgive the silliness)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Ohler
@amy-ohler
13 years ago
3 posts

I Love the silliness!! Thank you all for your encouragement to follow my own path! Although, I am not too sure about the facial tattoo, I may try the same method of administering a tattoo on him SOMEWHERE!!!

I have already begun to neglect and try natural, and would like to add in the twist and rip method. How exactly should I do this?? This weekend's vacation is going to be a perfect jumping off point for this!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

twist sectio n up

split in 2unequal parts totaly randomly pull apart

put together soplit in a totaly new random spot pull apart

repreat bout 10 times b4 u retwist

the more random the less braidlike it will look but if it looks braided its ok it looses that look in a few weeks or so

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Ohler
@amy-ohler
13 years ago
3 posts

Thanks! I will try it!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form