Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Everything

Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Ok....I have a lot of questions.First off I started my dreads a week ago and some of them feel like they're falling apart but look fine just with a lot of loose hairs.I've read in here thT crocheting is bad... Why and what's my alternative.....Also I've been usin wax but in very small amounts.... I've heard it causes mold if applied when your hair is wet.How about if I only apply it after it dries?And the acv and bs washing mixture.... I need that one more time... LolAnd also I've heard aloe works to tighten locks.. Should I use store bought aloe Vera like used on sunburns or should I steal my moms aloe plant and break it apart for it's insides?
updated by @shane-sullivan: 01/13/15 09:02:09PM
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Oh.... I have curly Caucasian hair....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ok crochet breaks tons of hairs causing more loose hairs weakness stiffness thuinness extreme tightness and delays dreading by 6 months!

wax u want to remove all wax not only does it cause mold..irt prevents dreading! they wuill never dread with wax in them

alternative..leave em alone let them dread hair dreads on its own when its clean free of gunk..do wax removal get that nasty crap out which is =very hard to do,..itswax..u put wax in dreads the same pplthat sell u wax say nevfer use residues..x is pure waterproof residude..residue u will never wash out withoit wax removers

aloe doesnt help tighten it conditions it temporarily controld frizz while slowing dreading and u onl;y want the plant

after wax is out use sea salt sprays to tighten..nothing else

if u got rubber bands in take em out

leave em alone to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

since your under a month you should comb them out remove the wax wait a week to recover thee twisrt n ..or go natural ax is soooo hard to remove u can spend months even years trying and never be sure u got it all so if under a minth its best to start over so u dont end up shaving in a year and starting over then

i would not backcomb again its too damaging just tnr no products and then let it dread

--
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Awesome wise keeper of wisdom....So.... How often should I wash my new dreads ... I started last Sunday..... I have the knotty boy dread shampoo also... Is that bad too?And the acv/ bs mixture.... What are the amounts and what does it doexactly

soaring eagle said:

ok crochet breaks tons of hairs causing more loose hairs weakness stiffness thuinness extreme tightness and delays dreading by 6 months!

wax u want to remove all wax not only does it cause mold..irt prevents dreading! they wuill never dread with wax in them

alternative..leave em alone let them dread hair dreads on its own when its clean free of gunk..do wax removal get that nasty crap out which is =very hard to do,..itswax..u put wax in dreads the same pplthat sell u wax say nevfer use residues..x is pure waterproof residude..residue u will never wash out withoit wax removers

aloe doesnt help tighten it conditions it temporarily controld frizz while slowing dreading and u onl;y want the plant

leave em alone to dread

Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
So aloe is bad too?

soaring eagle said:

leave em alone to dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

o..n altogether till they stop selling harmful crap like wax tho kb isnt as evil as drereadheadhq is

bs/acv short dreasds 1-2 tablespoons per cup long dreads 1/3 cup perr gallon (bs) add a few drops of any oils u need pour on let soak 10 min or so rinse out

new dreads mix tiny bit of acv capfull or so in a gallon pour on rinse right away old dreads use about as much acv as u used bs wait 3 min b4 u rinse

add sea salt to the mix for faster dreading calculate 3.5% of the water volume

no aloes good isnt good

ththen use aloe herbs etc to treat conditions like dryness

not to tame frizz or tighten

well..if u hafta tame frizz fir a weedding or formal event then use it

not daily or weekly

if oily hair/scalp skip acv altogether till dry or needs conditioning

--
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Well right now my scalp is pretty dry... I can feel bubbles of dandruff and I itch like crazy...Which should I use to help with that? Acv or bs?And tea tree oil.... Is that good to use also....And I didn't understand your answer about the knotty boy shampoo... It is bad until they stop selling wax?

soaring eagle said:

o..n altogether till they stop selling harmful crap like wax tho kb isnt as evil as drereadheadhq is

bs/acv short dreasds 1-2 tablespoons per cup long dreads 1/3 cup perr gallon (bs) add a few drops of any oils u need pour on let soak 10 min or so rinse out

new dreads mix tiny bit of acv capfull or so in a gallon pour on rinse right away old dreads use about as much acv as u used bs wait 3 min b4 u rinse

add sea salt to the mix for faster dreading calculate 3.5% of the water volume

no aloes good isnt good

ththen use aloe herbs etc to treat conditions like dryness

not to tame frizz or tighten

well..if u hafta tame frizz fir a weedding or formal event then use it

not daily or weekly

if oily hair/scalp skip acv altogether till dry or needs conditioning

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

keyboard garbled it kb shampoo is ok but not great tho most recomend boycotting them altoget5her till they stop selling harmful wax

use bs with teatree and ri=osemary and pepermint followed by acv if your dandruffs bad make the bs lil stronger leave a lil longer to soak

--
Shane sullivan
@shane-sullivan
13 years ago
62 posts
Awesome... Thank you very much... You have helped tremendously....Even though I'm opposed to the idea of combing everything out to startover I will dediniatly take everything else into consideration....I've combed dreads out before.... I'm pretty sure I'd prefer having a kitten play with my testicles....

soaring eagle said:

keyboard garbled it kb shampoo is ok but not great tho most recomend boycotting them altoget5her till they stop selling harmful wax

use bs with teatree and ri=osemary and pepermint followed by acv if your dandruffs bad make the bs lil stronger leave a lil longer to soak

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form