Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts

Hello there, my name is Gabriella but people call me Gabber. I'm really happy to have found this site dedicated to locs. It was so nice to finally dread my hair after years of wearing extensions/weaves like a majority of african american women do, especially in Cali. It's as if main stream media depicts good and beautiful hair as straight and silky and so women of color go through hell trying to attain something that just isn't natural to us. Having my hair dreaded has a lot of symbolism behind it to me. It's a way of standing up against these standards and showing the world how beautiful and freeing it is to wear my hair naturally. Now I can do the thing I enjoy most in life which is swimming, without having to worry about an 300 dollar weave, ya know? Now I find myself wondering why the heck I didn't do this much sooner!? =)

A little about me: Currently reside in Cali but hopefully not for long. Lived up north on an organic farm where I learned a lot living a self sustaining life style and low impact housing. Met my fiance there and we are having a beautiful baby girl this summer. I love going to festivals and use to be a raver (untzah untzah) music fuels my soul and I have to dance even when there is no music playing! Agnostic pagan and very open to learning about all aspects of religion/spiritual pathways. I'm black and Native American and quite proud of my heritage and wouldn't trade it for the world. Scorpio Sun, Capricorn moon, and Ascendant in virgo. =)

Anyway, feel free to ask me anything, add me, or whatever just try to keep it positive. ;) Lots of love and light!

updated by @gabriella-smith: 01/13/15 09:01:23PM
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
13 years ago
33 posts
Welcome Gabber! I'm glad you found this site! This site is truely a useful resource! Natural is the way to go!
Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts
Thank you, you're very kind. =)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome gabs i hope your comming to the gathering this summer since your so close :)

i'll see ya there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts
With the baby coming in all I might not be able to make it this summer but I'll definitely be there in spirit and in the future. =)
L-ray Sepulvado
@l-ray-sepulvado
13 years ago
25 posts
heey there Gabber, welcome to the site. That organic farm sounds really interesting, where was it? How did you get into that? How long did you live there?
Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts

The one I lived on was up in Cambria, CA. There are so many different oppurtunities to do what I did through word of mouth or through WWOOF http://www.wwoof.org/ . I just so happened to be living in the woods with my love and a friend suggested us stay on this ranch he knew of and fell in love. Though a lot of people came in and had found out about it through the WWOOFing program. We were there a little over a year before moving on to work on another farm in San luis Obispo that was much smaller. The one in cambria was 180 acres and was BEAUTIFUL. =)

Definitely check it out.

Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts
Thank you lovely! Wwoofing around the country would be fun annnnd around the world. A friend of mine I worked with on the farm had a brother who was wwoofing in sweden, man I don't think I'd ever come back to the states. haha. =)
lunn
@lunn
13 years ago
22 posts
hello gaber and welcome
new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts

You look beautiful! Congrats to you and your family regarding your little one!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form