Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just wondering...

Nikkiryan
@nikkiryan
13 years ago
7 posts
hello everyone! i'm nikki and i'm new to the site. i've had dreads for about 3 weeks now, doing the twist and rip method. seems to be working fine. i pretty much just let them do as they please now. i was wondering though what the best thing to wash them with would be. i see a lot of people talking about the dr. bronners but until i can get that what would be the best thing?
updated by @nikkiryan: 01/13/15 09:00:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hope u mean u rinse the baking soda out with plain water then do the acv after rinse you shouldnt pour the acv on while the baking sodas already in or the 2 react in a way you dont want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nikkiryan
@nikkiryan
13 years ago
7 posts
ha yeah i was gonna say baking soda mixed with vinegar wouldn't be good but thanks. i'll try that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its a great system if u do 1 then the other but yea mixed ..not so good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ricochet Rylie
@ricochet-rylie
13 years ago
3 posts
As far as being able to get Dr. Bronners, it's not actually that hard to come by. I found it at my local GNC. A Walgreens in town carries it too. If there's a natural foods store in your area try that.If it's a money issue, then Walgreens carries a bar soap that's completely natural & has Shea butter in it if I recall.. I think the brand name is "out of Africa." I used that on my hair prior to dreading and a few weeks after dreading. works great. no residues. Just look for things that are natural, unscented, no artificial dyes, no residues.. If you wash your hands with it first & they feel "squeaky clean" (you know what I mean) then it's probably ok to use on your dreads. at least temporarily.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
yep Dr. B's at my GNC but I hear it's also at Target!
Nikkiryan
@nikkiryan
13 years ago
7 posts
thanks everyone. i'll have to stop by a GNC when i go home. the town my college is in doesn't have it, a walgreens, target or natural food places...its a very small town but i'll be sure to get it as soon as i get back.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form