Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i want to start natural dreadlocks and i am new to this thing :)

lololol
@lololol
13 years ago
4 posts

ok so today i decided to start natural dreadlocks and i want all the help i can get(i have a million quiestions). first my my hair are curly i have nice curls but my hair are oily(teenager) and they are a lot fuzzy. how to wash my hair? what shampoo? every when? when i sleep should i wear anything?. when i wake up in the morning my hair looks like shit :P so i must shake my hair a lot to make them look good again should i stop doing that? when i wash them should i let them dry on their own or dry them with a towel or a blower?. i bielive its going to be chalenging

updated by @lololol: 01/13/15 08:59:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wash lil less ofte then you do use either dr bronners or baking soda baking sodas probly bess add sea salt to it

wash 1-3 times a week

its good it looks like shit let it

just seperate sections trying to eat eachother

dry..shake it out lket it drip dry

dont gotta wer anything at night unlkess u want to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
lololol
@lololol
13 years ago
4 posts

soaringeagle said:

wash lil less ofte then you do use either dr bronners or baking soda baking sodas probly bess add sea salt to it

wash 1-3 times a week

lololol
@lololol
13 years ago
4 posts
cant i just wash them woth clean water?

lololol said:

soaringeagle said:

wash 1-3 times a week

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
Just plain water will not get rid of the oil ( oil repels water) and all kinds of junk is going to get stuck in the oily hair and oily hair does not dread as well..So you need shampoo or a water baking soda mix to get the oil out.
lololol
@lololol
13 years ago
4 posts
what mix of baking soda?? baking soda and sea salt ?

Jdwood said:
Just plain water will not get rid of the oil ( oil repels water) and all kinds of junk is going to get stuck in the oily hair and oily hair does not dread as well..So you need shampoo or a water baking soda mix to get the oil out.
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
try searching on the site for the ratio of baking soda. search: baking soda wash
Ethan Hemphill
@ethan-hemphill
13 years ago
6 posts

I am new at this just like you. the day i turned 20, i decided to never comb or cut my hair for as long as i live! I am nearly 3 months in and i have some good formations. I found out quick that after a wash with dr. bronners to towel dry them, but dont rub the towel in, just kind press it all around your head and let them drip dry after that. After every wash, they seem to tighten up! Keep em clean, seperate when needed, and be happy while being nappy!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form