Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm from Canada eh (introduction)

Prometheus
@prometheus
13 years ago
7 posts

hi everyone i'm Paul i've been reading a lot about dreads for awhile now and thanks to this site and reading up on the community's testimonials i've decided to try and do them myself using the twist and rip method. i plan to start dreading on wednesday since i have work sunday - tuesday and i'm sure i wont be able to finish it all in one day.

As for my hair i have straight asian hair, it's not really thick though. It's about 5-6 inches long rite now. i bleach it blonde so it can be very dry sometimes if i don't condition it. also my hair gets oily fairly quickly and i tend to wash my hair everyday, so i'm thinking that i probably will have to wash my hair with BS everyday for awhile, will that be a problem if i wash it too much at the very beginning of dreading? another question about the BS and acv rinse, am i suppose to pour the acv solution on top of the BS one to get that reaction or do them separately if i'm going to be using the acv.

about starting a dreadlock, when twisting and ripping do i try and make the knots on my roots as close to the scalp as possible or should i be leaving a little room at the roots.

and about sectioning my hair i plan to do a triangle pattern and i found a video on youtube which explains how to do it in 3 ways including the triangle so that's great. i plan on going to a salon to get it sectioned for me since i cant get anyone or do it myself so i was hoping if i showed them this video will it be okay to use it as a guideline for sectioning for dreads.

Sectioning hair for dreads

i'm eggcited to start dreadlocking and to meet everyone :D

updated by @prometheus: 01/13/15 08:59:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no do not go to a salon just dont comb or condition for a week and it sectu=ions itself

the bs acv u want to keep seperate no reaction but u do not want to use it eevery day and if oily u want to wash less not more and not use the acv at all unlreses really dry

let the hair section itself a salon will screw u even with just sectioning and riop u off

the hair will section itself perfectly

wash 1-3 times a week

it will get less pily as u wash less

give yourself 2 weeks of washing less and let it sectiin then start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form