Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreadie Here

Amanda8
@amanda8
13 years ago
3 posts
So I am Amanda... I have only been dreading for 4 days now. I have a lot of loose hair, I started with the tnr in the back and then decided to backcomb and crochet, needless to say I will not be picking up the hook anymore, I have decided that from this point forward I am going all naturale. Let them do their own thing. Sooo I live in small town Texas and haven't been out much since I did my dreads, so I will just have to see what people say about them, probably more negative than positive though, but idc its me and I LOVE it!!!
updated by @amanda8: 01/13/15 08:59:38PM
Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts
Welcome! I just started mine on friday! I used the TnR method and it seemed to work good so far!
Dahlia
@dahlia
13 years ago
30 posts
Welcome. I originally did the crochet hook method but then the other day I brushed them out to go all natural as well. They were loose and just blah!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
welcome good thing ya tossed the hook

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda8
@amanda8
13 years ago
3 posts
Thanks Amanda! The name is nice. Thanks for the encouragement! I am so excited to be here and be a member of this great community. Thanks everyone :)
JennOfallTrades
@jennofalltrades
13 years ago
2 posts

Hey Amanda! Welcome! I can identify with the small town situation. I live in Cleveland but grew up in southern Kentucky in a town with a couple thousand people. The first time I went back home to visit my family after I started my locks last year, I was a bit anxious (not because of what others would think but because I wasn't sure how my grandfather would react.) I don't know thathe had ever even seen anything like them before. He cracked me up when he asked me if my hair stayed like this or if I had to redo it everyday. Then he said he thought they were 'cool.' Coming from a mid-70's conservative backwoods man, I was shocked. And of course, it's a small town, and the only grocery store there is a Wal-Mart (because they put everyone else out of business...but that's a rant for a whole 'nother day) so my mom and I had to pick up some stuff and we went there and I was not surprised that most people looked at me like I was from another planet. My mom had to stop and talk to everyone because that's how small towns work, and she would say 'don't you remember my daughter Jennifer?' And her friends would look at me all puzzled and just stare with a creapy frown on their faces. So what did I do? In the words of The Dead that are dear to my heart....There's nothing left to do but smile smile smile. Keep rockin' the locks and love every minute of it!

Amanda8
@amanda8
13 years ago
3 posts
Thanks!! I love it. We have 621 people. Lol

JennOfallTrades said:

Hey Amanda! Welcome! I can identify with the small town situation. I live in Cleveland but grew up in southern Kentucky in a town with a couple thousand people. The first time I went back home to visit my family after I started my locks last year, I was a bit anxious (not because of what others would think but because I wasn't sure how my grandfather would react.) I don't know thathe had ever even seen anything like them before. He cracked me up when he asked me if my hair stayed like this or if I had to redo it everyday. Then he said he thought they were 'cool.' Coming from a mid-70's conservative backwoods man, I was shocked. And of course, it's a small town, and the only grocery store there is a Wal-Mart (because they put everyone else out of business...but that's a rant for a whole 'nother day) so my mom and I had to pick up some stuff and we went there and I was not surprised that most people looked at me like I was from another planet. My mom had to stop and talk to everyone because that's how small towns work, and she would say 'don't you remember my daughter Jennifer?' And her friends would look at me all puzzled and just stare with a creapy frown on their faces. So what did I do? In the words of The Dead that are dear to my heart....There's nothing left to do but smile smile smile. Keep rockin' the locks and love every minute of it!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form