dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

introducing myself/crotccheting advice

ADeeperSilence
@adeepersilence
13 years ago
1 posts

hello everyone:

i'm actually really glad i finally got in this site, as i thought the mehtod i knew was right and didnt need any more advice, so i always saw it but never got in. well the thing is i actually messed it up big time since i crotchetd my 5 year long hair ( waist long) that was being grown to actually have dreads. i thought neglect wouldnt give them a nice shape and breakage would delay the growth... i was soo wrong.

now i'm undoing some of them, and the hair is fortunately coming out very healthy and i'd say that its almost as long as it was before. it'll be a long process again, maybe i wont undo al of them, it'll be a matter of time ( free time actually :D) cause i'm on my way of finishing my engineering studies.

if you need any kind of advice about crotcheting, ask me. i'll be more than willing to tell you my experiece and try to convince you why its bad, spiky,uncomfortable, damaging, and why the dreads lose thickness and length.

follow the advice of the wise locked beard man who said dreads are to be grown like roots. thats what i thought 16 years ago when i was 7 and felt in love with dreads... waited for 16 long years to grow them ( school wouldnt allow long hair on men) and made the huge mistake of crotcheting them.

----------------------

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM ANY GUY SAYING CROTCHETING IS GOOD AND WILL CHARGE YOU FOR MAKING IT FOR YOU. I DID FOLLOW THEIR ADVICES AND REPENT TILL NOW:

-SKILLTEACHER---- THIS GUYS LOOKS WISE AND ALL BUT CHECK HOW HIS WIFES DREADS TEAR APART WITH NO EFFORT AT ALL ( YOUTUBE)

-DREADHEADHQ--- NO NEED TO SAY WHY THIS IS A SCAM

-KNOTTYBOY--- THEY DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT DREADS

AND IF YOURE FROM SOUTH AMERICA: THERES A PLAGUE OF THOSE GUYS IN HERE TRYING TO VALIDATE THIS METHOD... PLEASE IGNORE THEM, SAVE YOURSELF MONEY, TIME AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL HAIR FROM BEING PERMANENTLY DAMAGED.

------------------

updated by @adeepersilence: 01/13/15 08:59:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome :)

cant wait to see how your natural dreads come out

and definately would like to see your whole input on crochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0