Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Had to comb out dread'z

Brandon3
@brandon3
13 years ago
4 posts
This job Im trying to get said I couldn't have them cause it's against their policy it's at a resort. The chef tried to fight for me to keep them but there was nothing he could do. So I've been spending the last four days combing them out. Make'z almost no sense my hair waz way neater and calm dreaded then it is all curly and everywhere. But oh well I started them back combed and had them for about 8month'z. Joke'z on them though cause I'm going to start my next set natural neglect as soon as I get the job =]. So in part wasn't all bad I'm starting my new set of dreads the right way this time with lots of patiences. Back combed first set cause I waz in a hurry for dreads but found out it isn't a one day thing and they taught me to just relax and slow down
updated by @brandon3: 01/13/15 08:58:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ask to see the polocy in writting get the exact w=ording and if its not specific they cant do shit

extreme hairstyles dont cut it being that they have religios conontsations and are widely accepted in many cultures

the polocy has to explicitly refer to dreadlocks, and be clear on what is and is not acceptable

u totaly could have fought it if u requested the cocumentation and submitted a written letter on why your felt an axception was in order if they did explicitly refer to dreads.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon3
@brandon3
13 years ago
4 posts
at Least I know now incase it happens again when my hair start'z to lock up again!Thank'z for the info!Least this time Ill proudly be able to say my dread'z were started from doing absoluty nothing at'll to them. I didn't cut them I combed them out so I'm gunna let tem start free forming right away

soaringeagle said:

ask to see the polocy in writting get the exact w=ording and if its not specific they cant do shit

extreme hairstyles dont cut it being that they have religios conontsations and are widely accepted in many cultures

the polocy has to explicitly refer to dreadlocks, and be clear on what is and is not acceptable

u totaly could have fought it if u requested the cocumentation and submitted a written letter on why your felt an axception was in order if they did explicitly refer to dreads.

Brandon3
@brandon3
13 years ago
4 posts
I'm gunna look into it!The chef waz cool wit my dread'z it waz HR that waz all pissy about them. I'm just gunna tuck my hair into a hat for work. But yea I'm gunna look into their actual policy

fancyAmanda said:
Glad that you want to start over and go natural... but I would do as SE suggested by getting them to show you where in their policy it says that dreadlocks are not accepted. Otherwise what good will it be to grow them out when it's against their rules to begin with? That is if you still want a job.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

good to hear i would ask to see the polocy in writting tho right away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
You go girl! Pull the race card anyone will shut their mouth real quick. lol. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you!

Sarah Hagan-Stuff said:
you know, i told my job about getting dreads for like 2 months before i did it. but when i came in with em they freaked out! but i told my boss that if they tried to say i had to take em out that i could get a suit for reverse race discrimination because we have an african american man with dreads andhisaren't a problem. but since dreads aren't normally looked at as a "white" hairstyle they were trying to treat me differently. needless to say, as soon as i mentioned racial discrimination they dropped the whole thing and let me and my dreads be! lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form