Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wool pillow case for my impatient head

Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Thank you so much Mumma - any interesting articles or links relating to how to best facilitate little peeps in having awesome lives will always be greatly appreciated :) I'm going to check out that link right now!

Angie Glaze said:

@ Amy Lee--This is off topic,but do you happen to follow a blog of Emily Falconbridge?She's a fellow Aussie of yours and her and her sweet family live in the States now...she's a wonderful mama of natural parenting and has one of my favorite set of awesome dreads. I will link her blog for you in case you wanna check it out :)

http://embers.typepad.com/e/

updated by @amy-lee: 07/23/15 12:10:16AM
calipark
@calipark
13 years ago
54 posts

take your time and don't think so much. don't get obsessive because it's very easy for ANYONE to get. even dreadheads.

100% wool pillow cases help no matter what. try a 100% wool beanie and see for yourself.'

whatever you do, wash the treasures you recover from thrift stores and garage sales. one time I thought I "scored" a wool tam but I found a tam full of bed bug husks

shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
i have this lovely soft cashmere sweater that I have been using as a pillow case all winter, we cosleep too, I just tied the arms together, no problem :) It's soooo soft, I love it. probably not the best wool for dreading though
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Good tip, it's like you know me, I do tend to overthink things ;)~ BREATH AMY~They didn't charge you extra for the bugs? What a nice surprise!

calipark said:

take your time and don't think so much. don't get obsessive because it's very easy for ANYONE to get. even dreadheads.

100% wool pillow cases help no matter what. try a 100% wool beanie and see for yourself.'

whatever you do, wash the treasures you recover from thrift stores and garage sales. one time I thought I "scored" a wool tam but I found a tam full of bed bug husks

Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Wow - knotty and buzzed - double whammy :)

Personal Jesus said:
Just be patient the static charge built by the wool shall help daily
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Oooohhh cashmere yummo.What is 'netflix'?ANDWhat do you think are the base concepts to AP, I haven't researched it much but I think the values are in line with my natural parenting style to begin with?Nams

shannan atreides said:
i have this lovely soft cashmere sweater that I have been using as a pillow case all winter, we cosleep too, I just tied the arms together, no problem :) It's soooo soft, I love it. probably not the best wool for dreading though
shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
netflix is an online subscription where for $9+ a month you get unlimited movies sent to you in the mail and you send them back. you also get to watch a extensive collection of movies instantly streamed to your ps3 or wii. between that and redbox ($1night movie rentals in a vending machine) we dont even go to video stores.well Dr. Sears is considered the authority of AP ere in the states. he has the 7 B's http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t130300.asp AP to me is just instinctive parenting. i never heard of AP when I had my oldest son 12 years but I knew that having him circumcised was wrong so I didn't do it, I knew breast was best, that sharing a bed was the right thing to do for both of us, that responding to his needs was important and not listening to all the ill given advice i received.
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Ah ha yep after reading we pretty much are AP. We bf on request, tot in sling during the day and co sleep at night. I'm enjoying reading through the info to confirm I'm making the right choices and why. I recently tried to transition Jax from family bed to cot and felt a bit of a failure as he sleeps in there for a few hours but always end up back in my bed around 1am, it's not me being lazy or him being sooky though, it's just the way it works best for us. Got to love those early morning snuggles :) Thanx for the link

shannan atreides said:
netflix is an online subscription where for $9+ a month you get unlimited movies sent to you in the mail and you send them back. you also get to watch a extensive collection of movies instantly streamed to your ps3 or wii. between that and redbox ($1night movie rentals in a vending machine) we dont even go to video stores.well Dr. Sears is considered the authority of AP ere in the states. he has the 7 B's http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t130300.asp AP to me is just instinctive parenting. i never heard of AP when I had my oldest son 12 years but I knew that having him circumcised was wrong so I didn't do it, I knew breast was best, that sharing a bed was the right thing to do for both of us, that responding to his needs was important and not listening to all the ill given advice i received.
Z2
@z2
13 years ago
34 posts
Yeah, I use the same - cashmere sweater. I wonder if a less-soft wool would be better?

shannan atreides said:
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
13 years ago
93 posts
I bought a 100% wool sweater from the thrift shop awhile back. I just dressed my pillow in it. You could tie the sleeves around the back or use a safety pin to secure them so you would not have to worry about your baby.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form