Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet hook...

Sibu
@sibu
13 years ago
13 posts

Hi everyone, first post on this amazing forum :)

I just read the amazing Dreaducation post, wow inspiring... and it made me wondering about something that I would really like to ask.

I have like this ridiculous straight hair, it has been backcombed like 9moths ago. After months of trying to grow naturals I'd chosen this method and even this almost failed so this kinda tells how hard it was to get dreads with my hair :D

After reading the Dreaducation I was wondering if I should try to let them grow without going back for maintenance every 3months, or if there are others ways to let them dread naturally cause even now after nine months of dreads they are still hard to dread even with a crochet hook :s never used wax thou and I never will :)

thanks already and I'm really enjoying all the nice photos of those wonderful dreads around here :D

updated by @sibu: 02/15/15 04:43:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u used the hook it takes 6 months or longer to recover from the crochet hook probably a year well no you only crochetted 3 times so could be 8 9 months before they are dreadinmg properly again

all hair dreads natuerally yours must be oily to not dread easily

or all the messing with it slowed it alot

but in order to dread properly that crochet has to loosen up alot andd begin to dread properly

umm how are u defining hard to dread at 9 months they should be nearly mature

your going back to a salon a salon is a scam and will keep u comming baxckl as long as they can take your money

also..backcomb falls apart..its well known to fail practicly 1/2 the time

twist and rip would have been a better option

but

1st lets figure why its hard to dread..if oily we can adjust that

then

throw away the hook never crochet ahgain

you will have a long hard recovery with all the broken hairs popping out everywhere..extreme fuzziness

but eventualy they get better

simple truth is..all real dreading must be left to neglect

otherwise your weaving not dreading

they have to be left alone long enough to dread

lets see pics and what u mean by "hard to dread"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

also how many months did u try to go natural what were u washing with how often how were u drying

and sleeping

--
Sibu
@sibu
13 years ago
13 posts

defining hard: just not dreading at all :( all the hair is just new straight hair that is protesting

I never went to a saloon, I did it with a girl I know, she did it for a friend's price but still I understand you point otherwise I won't be here right now ;) I will be taking some pics right away.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ypu mean the roots? how much length at the roots is undreaded

its totaly normal..and nesacary to have 1-3 inches loose at the roots for the 1st 8 months

the crochet caan delaty that longer

months 8-13 they generaly tighten up to within 1/2 an inch..in some cases an inch..this is just fine and exactly how they should be

i think shes makeing u think they should be tighter to the scalp then they should ever be

and ..it will take longeer then 6 months to recover from crochet before any normal dreading ecen begins

when you see your 1st lop you will know its starting to dread..shoulda been at 3 weeks to 3 months not 9 months

and how klong sdid u try to go natural..is it oily

how do u wash and dry how often

do u use sea salt sprays

--
Sibu
@sibu
13 years ago
13 posts

I uploaded a like photomap so you can see them. I tried it for almost 3moths and washed it every week with babyshampoo. I slept with my hair loos. and still nothing :s

I didn't got the end of the dread done by crochet hook and the dreads themselves didn't had a lot of maintainance done only the roots, but it hurts and indeed a lot of my hair got pulled out

about the wax, is it still in there after 9moths? if so that's just dirty

Sibu
@sibu
13 years ago
13 posts

just read your last post sorry :p

I never used salt water before, but I go to sea for surfing sometimes lol :D

about 2 inches is undreaded but like you say it's normal so them it's fine for me

you really know so much about all this thank you so much for your time already, it's really nice have people like you around

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yea wax has survived 7 years of trying to remove it but the wax removers we fgot are pretty effective so u can get it out

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

d dude they are just fine but do look overworked

so just stop all the maintenance spray with sea salt now and then or add to the baking soda wash they are perfecrtly fine

but need to naturalize alot

--
Sibu
@sibu
13 years ago
13 posts

nice to hear that they are still fine :) is there a topic about the baking soda? cause I have no idea how to do it :s

yea I also say they didn't look natural at all, and I really wan't them to look natural.

I will be following your wise advice thank you very much

about the sea salt, is once a week enough or should i do it more?and how much salt should I use?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form