Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Well, I found this site this morning while I was doing a Google search. I was looking for a dread shop in Birmingham, AL. I don't have dreads yet but want them very badly. I have been growing my hair out for almost a year. I have about 8 inches on top and under, at the nape of my neck, I have about 4 inches. I was told that in order to do dreads you have to have at least 6 inches to work with. I was going to drive all the way to Vancouver, Canada (I'm currently in WA State, but moving soon) to go to the KnottyBoy Lock Shop... but after reading over this site a bit, I've decided that I'm not going to do that. So I decided to join the forums to get some tips and support as I begin my loc journey. :) I think I'm going to do the TNR method. I would do the "natural" method, but I don't have patience for that. My hair is baby fine, thin and straight... I'm unsure how they will turn out but I'm going to give them a try. :D
updated by @kai-rayne: 02/15/15 12:53:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thank god u didnt go to knottyboy or any salons that woulda been a disaster (and waste of money..lots of money)

tnr is a great method but u would be amazed at how easy neglect is you gain patience because every bit of progress is exciting u look forward to each new weeks developments but if u tnr it seems aganizingly longer cause u expect faster results

the reality is tnr or any method u see backwards priogress awhile 1st so the whole i have no partience thing backfires and becomes frustration

instead of the constant joy of seeing changes every week going natural

try natural a few weeks at least get the natural sections but i bet ya fall in love with the process and let it continue

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Okay, so say I go natural... what do I do? How often to I wash? (Normally if I don't wash every day, I get really oily hair and its really gross). So I just don't brush and such?

soaringeagle said:

thank god u didnt go to knottyboy or any salons that woulda been a disaster (and waste of money..lots of money)

tnr is a great method but u would be amazed at how easy neglect is you gain patience because every bit of progress is exciting u look forward to each new weeks developments but if u tnr it seems aganizingly longer cause u expect faster results

the reality is tnr or any method u see backwards priogress awhile 1st so the whole i have no partience thing backfires and becomes frustration

instead of the constant joy of seeing changes every week going natural

try natural a few weeks at least get the natural sections but i bet ya fall in love with the process and let it continue

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

washing daily makes u oily

u strip oils they over produce

slowly wash less often theres a tonic in the products sexction to reduce oiliness extend the wash cycle sliowly to 1-3 times a weeek the less u wash the less oily u get /9(takes months to adjust sometimes)

stop combing

in a week or 2 it sections itself

then starts to knot

seperate any sections that are too big or combining

when u wash scrub only the scalp not hair

let it rinse thry the hair

drip dry

sea salt sprays dry out oily hair so it dreads faster

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Thank you!! Today is the last day I washed and combed then. :) I'm excited for this new journey. :)

soaringeagle said:

washing daily makes u oily

u strip oils they over produce

slowly wash less often theres a tonic in the products sexction to reduce oiliness extend the wash cycle sliowly to 1-3 times a weeek the less u wash the less oily u get /9(takes months to adjust sometimes)

stop combing

in a week or 2 it sections itself

then starts to knot

seperate any sections that are too big or combining

when u wash scrub only the scalp not hair

let it rinse thry the hair

drip dry

sea salt sprays dry out oily hair so it dreads faster

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tar5t by 1st go 2 days without washing try the baking soda acv wasgh it wont strip oils like shampoos do just clean the poils removingenough to be clean but not all so u wont start pumping out ois (also..hot wash..opens pores and cuticles cleans em..cold rince seals em shut sealing in moisture preventing over producing oils

when u can go 2 days without being too oily go to 3 .. keep extending till u get itchy b4 u get oily then use the itch as the wash time indicator

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
I will definitely try this, however, I detest vinegar. I heard that you can use Lemon Juice just the same as Vinegar, is that true?

soaringeagle said:

tar5t by 1st go 2 days without washing try the baking soda acv wasgh it wont strip oils like shampoos do just clean the poils removingenough to be clean but not all so u wont start pumping out ois (also..hot wash..opens pores and cuticles cleans em..cold rince seals em shut sealing in moisture preventing over producing oils

when u can go 2 days without being too oily go to 3 .. keep extending till u get itchy b4 u get oily then use the itch as the wash time indicator

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can but it will =make em extremely frizzy

the vinagers very dilutesd and the smells gone instantly

vinagers a better option too as lemons too acidic

also early on u want it weak..very very diluted and rinsed out right away

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Oh okay. I tried to go "no poo" a few years ago for just hair washing and was told to do straight vinegar... I wasn't able to do it. So I should use ACV or White? And could I use some essential oils in the vinegar?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ether an u can if u w

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form