Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Name calling

westtxasmber
@westtxasmber
13 years ago
8 posts
just finished putting mine in today...and had to run to the grocery store with my cousins girlfriend, who called me a stoner :P she said something along the lines of how she couldnt pull off that "stoner look" but i somehow do so quite well...yeah she said that!
updated by @westtxasmber: 07/18/15 11:15:22PM
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
13 years ago
93 posts
No one ever called me a name but I get comments like "dreads are for black people" and the best was when another mom at my kids homeschool group told me "ewww don't dread your hair, when I see people with dreads I cross the street so their bugs don't jump on me". I gave her a lecture and a half on how my hair was probably cleaner than hers since I do not use a ton of hair products and wash it all the time with soap that does not leave build up. Ha ha! My family laughs at me and makes little comments and I just try not to even bring up the topic, I don't pick on their hair so why should anyone pick on mine?
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
13 years ago
81 posts

I've been called dirty hippie, marley, rasta man, medusa, nice dreads, and Jim has a tarantula on his head!

It's all in good fun so I don't take offense.

challie
@challie
13 years ago
19 posts

id like to start by saying people are mean and ignorant and uneducated.

i recently had someone kick snow off a roof on to me while minding my own business because i had dreads. then they proceeded to make jokes such as. "oh what a dreadful thing to have happend". wow you're a real comedian buddy.

i get called whoopie because of the actress. lol my boss doesnt like to look at my hair and random people like to touch them and are in aw over them. so yeah thats my story lol

ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts

lets see..at the state fair i was walking around and someone said

"rasta chick!" i think i've gotten that twice actually

something about rastafarian (which they were wrong in saying that, shoulda said rastafari)

but from my family, ohh, those are the best, i wont get into that cos they're all not nice..

also! my family constantly comments on how beautiful my hair was before i got dreads
Jessica83
@jessica83
13 years ago
7 posts

I have only had mine for about two months now so I haven't had any negative feedback yet buti have had a few positive tho so far. The only thing I have been called was actually by my husband at first which was "you look like that dude from Korn" not a specific one just that dude. lmao

Jah Lady
@jah-lady
13 years ago
2 posts

I get called jah lady, Irie sista, and rasta sista all the time by black people. hahaha. Jah, means God in umm I don't know what language. that's just what rastas say for God. I live in South Africa,and black people love it when white people have dreads, because they are a symbol of respect, peace and unity. Also, everyone tries to sell you herb ALL the time, at the gas station, at the shops, the car guards, everyone. It gets annoying sometimes, but it's also hilarious. :) A lot of people also love to use rasta slang, like Irie, mon, ahoy, watagwaan, etc etc

Also, I often get asked by random people on the street, ones that don't even have dreads "watagwaan sista" and then i always say "good tings mon". hahaha :)

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form