Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Name calling

Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
Well since dreadlocks are very attention grabbing, I want to hear some of the things you guys have been called or referred to because of your hair such as me being called bob marley and rasta man from friends and family, I don't mind ina joking sens ebut its pretty annoying when people think you instantly smoke and listen to reggae when they see you lol. Well ide like to hear about your encounters
updated by @zack4: 02/14/15 03:31:33AM
Miguel
@miguel
13 years ago
6 posts
sexy beast
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Lucky you :)

Miguel said:
sexy beast
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Lucky you :)

Miguel said:
sexy beast
Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
Hahaha ya first thing I get asked by kids at school who aren't very "dreaducated" is when's the last time you washed your hair lol ya I'm yet to get a nasty comment but then again at a month an a half into neglect dreads there isn't much goin on lol
Anthoney Michael Vazquez
@anthoney-michael-vazquez
13 years ago
6 posts
Lol I also get madusa, having thinner dreads and all xD

Suzanne Beattie said:
My family are hilarious. "Medusa" "Dreadlock Holiday" "Ok, enough now when are you cutting them?" (lol, it's been like 2 months) "Do you wash them?" "How do you wash them?" "You used to be cute" ouch haha!! It's all been in quite good fun so far though so can't complain. Got tons of positive comments from people too surprisingly.. Still waiting for the nasty comment from a stranger - hasn't happened yet...kind of invisible when you're a 31 year old Mum though so maybe I'll stay under the radar. xXx
princenoobsauce
@princenoobsauce
13 years ago
56 posts
Ive been called shit head, stupid, lazy and many other things over the years.For my hair? The best one ever was my friends from work, Cornelius and Black used to call me "Predator". Lol isnt that great!
Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
Woooaaww ya thts not good, hahahaha thts a good one predators badass lol
Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
when i lived at my old apt complex and walked past the pool to go to the gas station to get snacks and drinks, these black guys would yell "JAMACIA MON!" and id just ignore them and not look at them. thats really the only thing ive ever been called other than the occasional marley (also by the same guys)
Mal
@mal
13 years ago
15 posts

Since i am admittedly lazy with shaving, in the past i've been called Jesus and Zeus by my workmates.

I was once in the red light district where i live and i half-expected some drunk people to say or do something, funnily enough some club/dressed up chick said 'oh i love dreadlocks', it could of been sarcasm; but i kindly took it as a compliment ;p

I havnt really been called anything negative from memory; i probably look to scary with a beard and messy dreadlocks that people just give me looks, or look the other way.... im not scary! C'mon.. haha :)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form