Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Helloo! help on what to do!

Frankie Duck
@frankie-duck
13 years ago
10 posts

Hey, ive had dread for two months now with a current total of 36 dreads, they were done by backcombing and crocheting by a good friend, since then i have crocheted loose hair about once a week; normally after they have dried from washing them. i have used wax several times but unfortunatly did not find this website as of recently. I would love to start again and go natural. hopefully sometime in the future.

As of now ive decided to stop crocheting them and waxing them. however i do want to try rid my hair of the horrible wax, i never over waxed and used minimal but after seeing pictures of wax being in dreadlocks for years i would rather try get as much wax as i can out, i dont want to cut them off and start again and ive seen many different methods of getting wax out. I was thinking of trying the apple cider vinegar to help with the wax removal but i dont know to much on it and was wondering if anyone had any past experience or could offer any other suggestions to get the wax out. Bear in mind im very skint and dont want to spend to much money.

there is a picture of how my dreads look at two months and also my crazy tie die experiment =)

thank you !! =)

updated by @frankie-duck: 01/13/15 08:58:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

soak em in undiluted vinager squeeze it into them soak a good while then scrub out with lots and lots of dawn dish soap /(or whatevers closest in your country)

repeat often long after you think you got it all out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Frankie Duck
@frankie-duck
13 years ago
10 posts
thank you SE, and then its best to not crochet? cos im pretty sure they will fall apart in some places =[
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts

dish soap and very hot water will help a lot. Just wash with tat a couple times.... If you're lucky you will already have some in your house too.

Don't crochet anymore, and some will fall apart, but it will get a lot better given a few months. you don't want to kill your hair before it can start to dread.

Frankie Duck
@frankie-duck
13 years ago
10 posts

thank for the replies, ill try the vinegar and dish soap out ive heard of good responses, ill post future pictures of development

thanks again :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
and absolutely no crochet..dreads dread they are not forced by weaving the bestthing u can dio is leave em alone do nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
UUURP
@uuurp
13 years ago
20 posts
This is the truth the less u try and manipulate them the better. I am curious on why u decided to put wax in your hair?

soaringeagle said:
and absolutely no crochet..dreads dread they are not forced by weaving the bestthing u can dio is leave em alone do nothing
calipark
@calipark
13 years ago
54 posts
Hey man if everyone knew wax was bad, they wouldn't have done it. Hell, I was lucky enough to have been saved from doing it myself a year back (thanks SE). But get that crap out ASAP!!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form