Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

mushy back section

Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

so i just got done separating the roots of the dreads in the back of my head, cuz they were totally conjoined. the reason i did this was the back of my head is very undefined and mushy. it looks more like a matted mess then dreads, and after doing some exploring with my fingers, i realized that this is mostly because the roots of all the dreads in the back are very flat. instead of being round, theyre just flat matts of hair, making the whole back section look like a total mess.

i didnt sperate all the roots however, i left one root of three dreads because i thought itd be cool to have a natural congo in there

not really a problem, but i just wanna know if theres anything i should do to help em round out in the back.

i included a picture

thanks!

updated by @johnny-barnas: 01/13/15 08:58:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
flats fine as long as theyre not huge id seperate any that are over an inch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

well most the sections that are flat are definatly over an inch in thickness, but when the dreads were made (backcombed) the section wasnt that big. since there flat all the hair is smushed down.

that 3 in 1 congo is pretty big though, so i guess ill seperate it

only thing is all the bases of the dreads go into the root around the same spot, and they cant be ripped apart, so if i had to cut i feel like i might cut the wrong spot and make the whole dread come off. but im im carefull i think ittl be fine

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

rip em as well as u can as close to tyhe scalp as u can thgen slide a finger between the dreads along the scalp trying to wiggle under the hairs connecting the 2 dreads and pull up and out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

okay but theres probably around 2 inches of knotted root between the end of the body of each dread and my scalp

so doing that finger thing may not work so well. ill try it but if worse comes to worse im gonna try and do a little surgery like i did to the others.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form