Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bacombed no prducts 3 days in

adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts
any advice to keep them and to fix any loose spots or loops. so far some are looking real good and almost locked up but some are still kinda loose and soft feeling while the ones that are doing better are less soft and more tight feeling before dreading this i grew out my hair for 8 years so i would really like to keep these.
updated by @adam-bradford: 01/13/15 08:57:49PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
well just be patient. You have a long road ahead of you there will be loops bumps and loose hair a plenty in the months to follow the real dreading probably won't start for a month or more. Just keep them clean and separated.I started with really long hair too, it was to my bum, now a year later my dreads are above my shoulders in some places, be ready for some serious shrinkage. Your backcombing may fall out into straight hair again, it may not, it all depends on your hair. Just hang in there and good luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they are 3 days old..none are "doing great" or "almost locked up" thjey are all backcombed hair backcombed hair is not dreads should not be tight and hard should be loose and sodfft

abnd they will get looser and softer probably even fall apart completely (backcomb is a pretty poor method)

thasts ok though they will dread anyway but

loose hairs..and loops never need to be fixed

if you want these to last

do nothing

just wash

and seperate to prevent them from combining

that is all

dont try to fix them..leave them alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts
my hair was to my bum to before i started. and i know there will be some shrinkage. my only concern with the time and the process is that in the worst times it can get in the way alot and that makes me being a parent of a toddler a bit harder. she loves her daddys hair and want s to play in it.

NaturalWomyn said:
well just be patient. You have a long road ahead of you there will be loops bumps and loose hair a plenty in the months to follow the real dreading probably won't start for a month or more. Just keep them clean and separated.I started with really long hair too, it was to my bum, now a year later my dreads are above my shoulders in some places, be ready for some serious shrinkage. Your backcombing may fall out into straight hair again, it may not, it all depends on your hair. Just hang in there and good luck!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
throw on a tam or let your lil one play in it! I'm a mama to 2 boys and and Auntie to 2 lil gurls it's never been a problem for me :o)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form