Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello fellow dreaders!

Rizzlification
@rizzlification
13 years ago
12 posts
Okay so first off.. what is the pinging noise?! I seriously can't figure it out :S It's a mystery.Anyway, so new here to this site. Not really new to dreads tho, have done them 3 times before. First one was the crochet hook method lasted a few days and then I combed them out was years ago, can't remember why. I also had dread extentions put in my hair years ago, was done by a friend in london. Took those out because they were attacthed using hair glue and I really didn't like that at all. Then I dreaded my hair again last summer using the knotty boy hair wax , ended up taking my dreads out because I couldn't deal with the greasy dirty feeling of the wax. Just made my hair feel really disgusting.Decided to dread my hair this time round naturally , well I back combed them and used a crochet hook slightly not much tho. BUT have not used it again , and actually don't own it anymore!This journey means a lot to me this time, its more natural for me its the begninning of things to come for me too. I have quit smoking for like 6 months now, best thing I ever did!! I eat healthier and I excerise. So with all of this I decided to dread my hair so we can take a journey together and see what life holds for us.I am the only one in my family with dreads, my husband loves them we are total hippies lol! My kids don't mind them they aren't like embarrassed or anything like that. So yeah, my dreads are 2 weeks old, sprayed them with sea salt water and a drop of lemon juice to help knot them up, don't have beads in them yet... have heard horror stories so am a bit nervous about that but would like to decorate them. My husband is coming back from holiday soon with a bead gift so can't wait will see.Anyway I feel like I am rambling on here.... nice to meet you all and look forward to hearing your comments !Riz
updated by @rizzlification: 01/13/15 08:57:48PM
Rizzlification
@rizzlification
13 years ago
12 posts

That totally makes sense now.. I kept looking at my alerts haha.

Thank you :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

horrorstories biut beads? like? oh those look so cool? the horror!!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rizzlification
@rizzlification
13 years ago
12 posts

No, apparently with the beads not moving in the hair people found mold in there?! I am sure I am going to put my beads in , just maybe not wooden ones? Not sure this is just stuff I heard on Youtube videos.

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts
It took me a while to figure out what that noise was too. Too funny. I was looking all over for what it could be. I think that I had to ask too, about a year ago. Enjoy your dreading journey with the rest of us. This momma has dreads. peace

Rizzlification said:

That totally makes sense now.. I kept looking at my alerts haha.

Thank you :)

Rizzlification
@rizzlification
13 years ago
12 posts

Yeah i totally leave my hair to air -dry or sometimes i use a hair dryer but i find that makes them more poofy he he with them still being so young. I am definately going to put my beads in they are travelling from all the way home (South Africa) to me, so definately mean something special to me.

Thank you for the encouragement :)

Rizzlification
@rizzlification
13 years ago
12 posts

Don't know what happened there, but still new this site and not sure how to remove a double post .... so yah!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form