dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbie, Dreaded Beard

James7
@james7
13 years ago
8 posts

Hello mi locks! Such an awesome site.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for dreading a beard. I plan on going as natural as possible, only using my hands. I currently have 13 dreads planned (if thats possible?). My knowledge of how to dread is limited to put it nicely. My beard hair uncurled is anywhere from 1/2inch to 1in depending on location. I will try to get some pictures up. Thanks in advance for any and all consideration. Yah bless

James

updated by @james7: 02/14/15 09:14:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

let it grow it will dread as it gets longer but probly will need to be longer (unless your african kiny hauir type then just let it dread inch probly is all u need)

you only need limited knowledge of dreading

stop combing..dreads happen

4 lil words the most simple truth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts
I would imagine that dreading the hair on your chin would be the same as the hair on your head. It's courser (I'm assuming) so it'd prob dread faster, via neglect or tnr, but I don't think an inch is long enough to dread. Just my thoughts.Grow that puppy out, and then pics!
James7
@james7
13 years ago
8 posts

Caucasian by the way. thick and fairly curly italian hair though, especially the beard. I haven't done any combing at all. In fact all I've really done is twist up some hairs along the neck border to see spacing. Basically, just patience and let it grow out naturally? The point of doing TnR would be to.. make it appear like dreadlocks quicker?

Thanks for the quick replies guys and I'll definitely get some pics up after the dreads form.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr i doubt would work good just cause the thickness of each hair beards dread naturaly pretty easily but length will make all the diference

--
James7
@james7
13 years ago
8 posts

pics to help visualize what im workin with.

Soaring Eagle, your dreads make me smile brother...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

looks like it will dread sy with more length but id let it dread naturaly or u may get alotta uneven pulling that can be unconfortable plus thiose woulkd be very very thin i think

--
James7
@james7
13 years ago
8 posts
Yah it was more of a testing thing than anything, then when they stayed (didnt think they would) i figured i could twist them together as they got longer. So do you think a good path is to undo the twistedness and then leave it alone? Or simply leave them alone as is?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
leavfe it they'll probly untwist b4 they dreaad

--
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts
i think after your beard gets longer, its gonna make some sick dreads. i'm looking forward to seeing them progress=]
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form