Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Figured I would introduce myself

shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
Ive been thinking about dreads for years. My controlling ex husband wouldn't "let me" get them and after the birth of my second child i cut my nearly waist long (impossible to maintain) hair in a pixie and kept short hair for a few years. Now that I have been growing my hair out for a couple years dreads are again on my mind, esp since I painstakingly have to comb the rats out of my hair 30 minutes a day. Just seems like dreads are the obvious choice.

updated by @shannan: 01/13/15 08:57:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome well 1st u totaly should go natural if it dreads so fast

2 dreads will set u free

nobody will have to let u do anything just do what u want to do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
Well I got wise and after being together 12 years, moved on. yeah I definitely am not interested in a lot of work, maintenance, and product so natural to me seems like the only way to go for sure.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

sounds like my hair type! Spent so much time keeping it from dreading.....that it only seemed natural to let it do it's thing! I had a controlling ex b/f (oldest son's dad) who wouldn't "let me" get dreads either! And now that I had my 2nd child, and am with my husband I'm a free woman to do as I please and enjoy!!! Glad you are now in a situation where you can let go!!!

P.S great name, mine's Shanon :P

shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
thanks and will do. when do you start using salt water? do you finger comb your hair at all or do you just never do anything with it?
Natasha
@natasha
13 years ago
12 posts
I think I might touch my hair too much right now !It's like impossible not too .. I have been dreading just for about a month nd half and it's hard to not mess with it or look n the mirror nd try separating em .. How often u think I shld separate ?

fancyAmanda said:
Well for me... I haven't used salt water yet, don't feel the need to. It's supposed to help with locking up your hair but mine seems to be locking up just fine. I try not to touch my hair, which is almost impossible because I'm so fascinated by it. I definitely don't comb my fingers through it, just pull apart sections.
shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
ug I have to separate every day, it's a big tangly mess
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form