13 years ago
13 posts
Yup, wet hair.
updated by @rachel-maness: 07/23/15 01:00:24PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Knotty is right...BS strips out color like crazy! Even chemical, permanent tints. I suspect your intense stickiness is due to several factors, one being your past product use. Because Nexxus is a very heavy protein based product and Manic Panic isa semi-permanent pigment you will have buildup issues...absolutely. Add to that the texture of your hair, which is finer (your cuticle layer is more tightly adhered). When I first began dreading I actually had to use the BS as a paste and leave it on a half hour several times to fully remove the buildup from products because being that my hair is very coarse and curly with several chemical processes, I really loaded my hair with conditioners and glosssers to combat frizz. You may also find that your hair is much more damaged than you realize...I guess this because although fine hair is much more prone to tangling yours seems very sensitive and this indicates structural damage from chemicals which can manifest with a very gooey feel when you don't stick the cortex layer down with a protein based conditioner. Either way,it will take time for this sticky feeling to completely disapate and I advise you to steer clear of any oils for awhile. Your hair will likely feel like sandpaper at some point but you don't need to aggravate orencourage buildup at this stage of the game with using any substance where the molecule size is too large to be completely absorbed.Good luck :)
Knottysleeves said:
Just a note -- even if you do get the baking soda wash to work for you, I wouldn't recommend it because it will strip your colour. It strips veggie dyes (Manic Panic, SFX, etc) really quickly, and dulls henna too. I don't use chemical dyes so I can't say whether it would strip them as well.
Rachel Maness
@rachel-maness
13 years ago
13 posts

Got it, thanks. Do you think Dr. Bronner's tea tree is a good choice for washing in a few days? I'll definitely do a baking soda paste to strip it down before I dye it again.

I went running this morning with my foofy hair tied back with a scarf, it feels wonderfully weird. I'll be at the beach tomorrow, I may dunk my head in the ocean if it's not too cold and we're done having tsunami warnings.

I stuck some beads on a few sections while I was making bird toys today, and they stay on! I've never been able to keep beads from slipping out on my hair. They're just plastic pony beads, so I'm sure I can crack them off if I they get stuck before I want them off.

Any reason I should wait to put more beads on? Should I stop having so much fun with my hair?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form