dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beginning My Dreads! :)

AQ
@aq
13 years ago
6 posts

Hello Everyone,

I plan on starting my dreads this weekend and was wondering if anyone is in Denver, CO or knows of any one in Denver to help me with this process? I have looked over the different types of dreads and I think themethod I am going for is the twist & crochet methods. But I need guidence so any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

updated by @aq: 02/14/15 10:30:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono do not crochet thats a horible idea twist and rip if your not black or twists if you are

crochets extreme destruction

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AQ
@aq
13 years ago
6 posts

So I am black for one lol for two I don't really care for the "natural" or neglect look. I want them to be uniformed and all similar in size and neat. For 3 my hair is 100% natural I have never had any sort of chemical treatment and my hair has been braided my whole life in various styles, so it's tougher then most peoples hair. With all of that Twist would be the way to go?

Also I do not under any circumstances want to do this myself, I do not know enough about it nor do I trust myself enough to it. That is kind of why I am looking for someone in my area that has done this on their own hair as well as others. Any ideas?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you have it sooo easy

you have braids now indo the braids twist them around a finger with a lil aloe gel its that simple but they usualy twuist em entuirely too tight then bake on the gel to make em hard

they can twist em till your scalp twists off

dude

its so simple u cant mess it up unless u go to a salkon

if u got braids u got sections already sectuions are what determines the uniformity

then just twist those sections

and leave em akone

only retwist idf they fall apart completely

how hard is it to pinch a section of hair and twuist it?

they will charge u hundreds of diollars for something u caj do without a single functioning brain cell

just twist it up

super simple

--
AQ
@aq
13 years ago
6 posts

I am freaking out at the thought of doing this myself lol all I need is Aloe gel? I hear wax is bad but only people with straight hair have said that. I think another problem I'm having is that I have not been able to speak with anyone who has similar hair as me and I know hair types do make a difference.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i agree you wuillk hate the uniform look the only dread that refused to be uniform will be your fave dread you'll regret tryuing to force em all to be the same and will most liely start over

lots of ppl think they want the uniform look but end up wishing they had more real dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wax is bad in any hair its always best to do it yourself

your hair type dreads soooooo easy if your rreally dead set on uniform u can go natural nbut seperate into eever sections as it dreads

u cant go wrong when u let it dread on its own

seperation keeps the sizes u want

u can let the braided sections dread even

--
AQ
@aq
13 years ago
6 posts
Yea I have heard that before the only problem is personally I don't like how it looks and secondly I would prefer not to have to deal with appearence issues in corporate america. I like my job and plan on keeping it for a while, in all honesty I don't know what would happen if I showed up Monday with the natural but I don't want to experiment with my livelihood lol you know what I mean?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

legaly natural dreads are defendable in court as religios or spiritual expressions but unatural youd have a far far hsarder time convincing a court that dreads u got in a salon had a spiritual meanning. but i understand your concern but like i said u can just twist up the sections or even (if lobg enouigh/) loosen up the braids then palm roll till they look more twist or dread like less braidlike then leave em alone awhile

whats your job?

--
AQ
@aq
13 years ago
6 posts
I working at a fortune 500 company that is in the business of finances, that's all I can really say lol. Currentl I have Kinky Twists in my hair and have been doing this style for about 3 years on and off between Kinky Twists and corn rows. I guess if I just braided my hair into individuals and didn't like how it was forming I could palm roll it until I was happy. Another problem I have is I'm extremely busy I work and attend school full time and that in itself is tiring but then having to maintain my hair on top of that would kill me lol. That's why I'm looking for someone who maintains as well. I have attached a picture of what kinky twist look like if you didnt already know. I'm sure there is a legal statute for religious expressions in reference to hair but in reality Colorado is an at will state and you can be fired for anything or nothing at all as a matter of fact so my only legal recourse would be a civil suit which, I wouldn't have the time or money for lol but I do understand your meaning.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form