29,639 posts
in many casses...especialy parents

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pogie Theblueberries
@pogie-theblueberries
13 years ago
22 posts
HEY BRO DO I RINSE THE SEA SALT WATER AFTER I SPRAY EM ??
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Yes, people do judge, I feel the judgement I've been the recipient of has helped me stand firm in my beliefs and taught me it is ok to be confident in myself when others aren't. Not everyone agrees with my choices or my beliefs, and they don't have to as long as I do. Besides, if I weren't openly judged, I wouldn't have looked for support, and may not have found this site. Try to keep your head up high and stay strong, be proud of who you are, there is no other you!
Pogie Theblueberries
@pogie-theblueberries
13 years ago
22 posts
YAP I FEEL U
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
If it is left on too long it can dry the hair too much, I think it depends on your hair. I add a little to my wash now and let it sit while I do what I do in the shower then rinse, rather than spray it on and leave it. Some people say you can spray and leave a few hours, others overnight, you may have to go by how your hair feels. Hope this helps a little. :)

Pogie Theblueberries said:
HEY BRO DO I RINSE THE SEA SALT WATER AFTER I SPRAY EM ??
BreeBee
@breebee
13 years ago
11 posts

i do and it is really sad. i wish more people were open to new ideas and accepted people for who they were. i was in my english class the other day and were have a group discussion and peopl always comment on my hair because it so curly! so i told them i was dreading it. luckily the girls i that i was talking to were pretty open and let explain, because like most people they assumed you don't wash your hair when you dread it. i wish more people would at least listen and not jump to conclusions >.>

but luckily my mom thinks it is soooo cool lol. i just wonder what my grandparents are gonna say

Pogie Theblueberries
@pogie-theblueberries
13 years ago
22 posts
COMPLETELY AGREE!!! IWISH MY MOM THINKS IT WAS COOL. SHE B CHASIN ME AFTER W A SCISSORS HAHHH
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
I've been really lucky here in the UK dreads are kinda seen as Cool ATM and on the whole it's been pretty easy especially in Cornwall where I live. Were basically surrounded completely by beaches and in the surf community etc dreads a really common.But a visit to see my Fianc's family in land a bit wasn't so pleasant. They were rude to say the least. LolAt the end of the day they can be as Judging, rude, offensive or condescending as they like. They are simply making cases for the proving of their own ignorance! See like alot of things we know what we are taught which is often misguided.When my mother in law to be said "those things are discusting cause you have to have bugs in your hair" I took great pleasure in telling her "yes doodle bugs knit dreads" should have seen her face when I offered her one or two!I eventually explained and she has changed her opinion on dreads. She even helped me separate them last night!

Pogie Theblueberries said:
COMPLETELY AGREE!!! IWISH MY MOM THINKS IT WAS COOL. SHE B CHASIN ME AFTER W A SCISSORS HAHHH
Danny2
@danny2
13 years ago
18 posts

yeah, SE said it- esp parents n fam members lol. or maybe they just arent afraid to say what some other ppl are prolly thinking too! haha.seems my whole family always expects this ultra clean-shaven, "preppy" appearance, n i admit that over the years i would try to conform to this more or less simply cuz i didn't really care greatly either way and it kept me from hearing the onslaught lol... but truth be told such a "style" never felt comfortable or authentic to me. i find it funny that im a 25 yr old independent adult with a family of my own and my elders feel it's necessary to bombard me with comments and suggestions on what to do with my own hair, clothing, body etc all the time. their intentions and attitudes are benign enough, but it is jus not in good taste imho. i wouldn't do that to them, or my younger fam members, kids etc. in a way, growing out my hair and letting it lock (besides honoring my own views and choices) is a hilarious form of backlash to all that nonsense. i'm crushing their dreams of me having a hairstyle like those example posters in supercuts salons lmfao. man, bottom-line... f*** what anybody else says! n good for u for sticking to what feels good to you bro

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form