Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting locks round 2

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts
from what i've heard it seems like wearing a wool hat can sometimes speed up the process..

Fish said:
Will do, I feel like that would be weird to used to but I think I can adjust, would wearing a wool hat or any hat for that matter slow down the process?

updated by @katie-kendall: 07/23/15 06:21:41PM
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts

Well, if you have a few important things to do, I don't think any method will help them look better at 3-8 months. They're gonna look like a mess!

but if it doesn't bother you, then just forget the haterz

Dready Mimi
@dready-mimi
13 years ago
16 posts

I used the "OOPS I lost my comb method" also called Natural Neglect method. I have heard that the tnr method works quite well. As far as attending your special occasions, if you do decide the neglect method, how about getting a couple of nice scarves to wrap your head with, or a tam? I have a hair tie that stretched with my dreads, (I am in trouble if it ever breaks or I lose it!) As my dreadswere forming I pulled them into a sort of pony tail at the crown of my head. When they were still fairly young, one of my friends said it looked like I had a little explosion happening! Don't forget that clean hair locks faster than dirty hair (too much oil in most people's hair) and a good clarifying shampoo is necessary. Dr. Bronner's diluted 12 parts water to one part shampoo with some essential oils added is a good way to go and it is quite cheap over the long run.

Fish
@fish
13 years ago
13 posts
Thanks for all the helpful advice, im prepared to have it look like a frizz ball, but within reason. is there anything i can use to tame it for a bit? i read about using aloe on here... does that slow down or speed the process ?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form