Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello from AZ.

aaron lopez
@aaron-lopez
14 years ago
5 posts

hello guys. im new to this forum. i am a musician who has wanted dreads ever since i was 14. i am now 24 and my hair isnt getting any thicker so i decided that now is the time to do it. i am going to get dreadlock extestions. my hair is only 4 inches and i am talking to a salon in the mesa area about doing extensions. it will cost around 700ish dollars to do it. they use knotty boy extensions and she said the process would take anywhere from 3-5 hours. i was reading online about people who have had bad expeiriences with paying salons for dreads. i guess i just wanted some expertise on the matter. also will the dreads look like dreads when they are finished or do i need to be paitient with them and let them mature in to the dreads i want? i hope that wasnt to general of a question. any way any info or advice would be great. please keep in mind im racing against the balding clock so i cant grow 2-4 years worth of hair for this. extensions are pretty much the only option i can think of. thanks.

i attached a link under the tags section to a pic of some dread extensions that i love. id like mine to look like this.

updated by @aaron-lopez: 02/14/15 03:49:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ah no way why would u waste all that monet for extentions why not dread your own hauir a salon will screw u badly and u should never add extentions tioll dreads are at least 8 months old anyways

dont let a salo9n screw u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
aaron lopez
@aaron-lopez
14 years ago
5 posts
really? man, i hope my natural hair last long enough to get some good full dreads. you said "tioll dreads are at least 8 months old anyway" what does that mean?

soaringeagle said:

ah no way why would u waste all that monet for extentions why not dread your own hauir a salon will screw u badly and u should never add extentions tioll dreads are at least 8 months old anyways

dont let a salo9n screw u

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u tagged it haha put the link in the discussio9n not as a tagbut ok 1 the salon will screw u they will use wax if they use knottyboy extentions (didnt even know knottyboy made extentions)700 is a massive ripo=ffextentions are not your only optiontwist and rip your hair and it will grow your dreads can grow as long as mine if anything u might have some receding hairkine but so whatthe very last thing u wanna do is trust a salon if your balding they will breakl almost all your hairs probly and increase the baldingu should just go natural but wiyh no patience to wait a few months (not years) i think twuist and rips a gentle easy to do youirself alternativeif u insist on extentions in 8 months when theyre well formed add them then but i wouldnt bother and i would never ever pay anything near that much (extentions are 50 bux max to do it yourself)dont let any salon screw up your dreadsu can dread yourself right now witgh only 2 minutes instruction

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
to attach extentions u need something to attach extentions too that will suport them u need almost mature dreads that are 8 months oldbut i wouldnt bother with the extentions at all your hair will grow after it shrinkstwist and rip today in 8 months they will be the shortest they will get then from there all they do is grow grow grow

--
Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts

se he said his hair is only 4 inches long.

i dont think twist and rip would be very effective?

unless you wanted smaller dreads..

just go natural :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
natural would be best but twist and rip will work on 4 but 5 is better

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

why are u going balds at 24 lets address that issue im sure its not really balding as much as u think but suffering from abuses u put it through and going natural it might bounce back thicker and fuller then ever

we hasd others who thought they were baldong then they started going natural and using the baking soda deep cleanse and in 2 weeks flat seemed to have twice as much hair

--
Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts

ohh okay. just seemed like itd be difficult to do with such short hair.

i think you may need to recruit a friend to help ya especially in the back if you go the twist and rip route.

maybe not though :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

yes tru ansd maybe a combo backcomb and tnr would be best but im just thinking if he went to a salon hed hget every bad thing they can do dread perm wax crochet maybe even interlocking u know all the dumb things salons do

i mean they didnt even tell him that he should wauit to get extentions..

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form