Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat Dreads??

katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I've been dreading for about 3 months. My dreads aren't round, they are flat.. My mom keeps telling me "Katie! You better start rolling them up beacuse they'll stay like that forever!!" What does she know... Anyway, it's not even that bad!
updated by @katrynn: 02/14/15 03:27:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so ewhat if theyre flat? and they will round out on theyre own usually

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
I have some dreads at the back of my head (where I sleep lol) that are kinds flat at the roots, but meh! :D
Kris2
@kris2
14 years ago
43 posts
ive been intentionally sleeping on my back so they'll flatten and matte up :P makes me feel like they're making more progress.I palm rolled once and regretted it cuz 1 dread had a sweet bend in it :'(
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I just wish my roots weren't so loose=<

Kris said:
ive been intentionally sleeping on my back so they'll flatten and matte up :P makes me feel like they're making more progress. I palm rolled once and regretted it cuz 1 dread had a sweet bend in it :'(
Kris2
@kris2
14 years ago
43 posts
can put a bead or sleeve on it or just let it do its own thing :)
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
Beads help so much!I put a few in like 2 days ago and underneath of it the dread is so much tighter. crazy!

Kris said:
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I have beads! But sometimes the knots get in the way and I can't get all of them on=,( I need sleeves...

Brandon Arnold said:
Beads help so much!I put a few in like 2 days ago and underneath of it the dread is so much tighter. crazy!

Kris said:
Julie Ann
@julie-ann
14 years ago
2 posts
I was having the same problem. I'd crochet what I could to try to round it out then on the ones that were just too mature for it I put beads on. A lot of regular beads don't fit so you really have to search. I'd also have to wiggle pretty hard to get them on but once they are on... magic happens!Another thing I did was use some of the "friendship bracelet" thread and wrap the flattest part. You can get pretty creative with the design and it's fun. You have more control then with a bead. Any method you choose, don't fret, if your goal is round, they will get there. :o)
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
I have some huge beads with really tiny holes, and I'm thinking about taking a dremel to them lol.It took me so long to put like 4 beads in because of the loose tips. I had to wrap my hair around this bamboo blowdart in my room and maneuver it in.but the friendship bracelet sounds like a good idea! I have like 10 of them. Lots of friends haha
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form