Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i really need help. .

jAzzmAn
@jazzman
14 years ago
5 posts
How can i grow my dreadlocks from crochet to natural. Ive been crocheting for 3 weeks now, but not often. My dreads is about 2 months old. I have a straight hair before so i started my dreadlocks using a hook. Can you give me tips guys how will i grow my dreadlocks in the natural way. I havent use any wax or any on my locs. . i really need help cuz im worried my locs get worst. .im really new to this.
updated by @jazzman: 01/13/15 08:50:58PM
jAzzmAn
@jazzman
14 years ago
5 posts
how do i separate it? should i palm roll the strands? should i use conditioner?
jAzzmAn
@jazzman
14 years ago
5 posts

Knottysleeves said:
Read the FAQ (link at the top of the site)... all the info you need is in there.

"Separate" means gently ripping your dreads apart at the roots IF they are starting to growing together (forming congos).

Your hair will dread just fine once you stop crocheting. Straight hair (or any hair type) doesn't need "help" to dread by crocheting or waxing etc... just keep it clean and it will dread by itself.
im sorry but i didnt get this one. . I need to rip off the roots of my dreadlocks?
jAzzmAn
@jazzman
14 years ago
5 posts
Thanks!. .one more thing. i have blunted dreadlocks. .should i unblunt it or let it unblunt it self? what about the new grown hair? should i leave it? how does it dreads itself?
Kris2
@kris2
14 years ago
43 posts
i got newer locks, but ive read alot on the forums, and blunted dreads is a matter of preference, so you dont have to do anything to them if you like the look. Some prefer unblunted so water will drain easierNew hair dont worry about, it will eventually attach itself to existing dreads or create their own.And they dread by simply moving around and making knots.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
throw away the crochet hook it takes a long time to recover from crochet but just leave em alone do nothing but wash and seperate and eventually they recover

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
Just don't touch them. All that palm rolling nonsense is b/s.And don't rip off the roots lmao. I think you read that a little too quickly.You separate the dreadlocks AT the root when they start to pull into each other.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form