Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Discouraged :/

Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
I have been seriously considering dreading. I am most likely going to start next week. I am having some issues with family and friends. I keep getting told I would look ugly with dreads because I am, in fact, a girl. And apparently "girls" don't have dreads. I really want them. I am going to start them. I am just frustrated. Why do people have to judge the outside appearance so much. :/
updated by @julia-katherine-freitas: 02/14/15 09:51:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
close minded idiots basiclygirls look amazing with dreads but it shouldnt matter why is looks so damn important?look if youre scared for life are u any less a beautiful person?if u get cancer and go bald are u no longer worth knowing?dreads seperate the worthwhile from the worthlesspeople who jusge u on looks bra size and weight will see dreading as a sign that your niot trying to please them all the time and wikl get out of your life if they are that close minded and judgementalwhile others who see the value in you..the reral you not just an image will find u all the more attractive for being that beautiful you on the inside as well as outlook u have a whole lot od holywood beauties with boob jobs nose jobs face lifts tummy tucks all setting a standard for the idiots they think thats the idea l a chopped up plastic barbie doll with the personality odf a dead fishnow u are dynamic alive unique not afraid to be you not afraid to not be a barbie doll fakea real person with depth will be attracted to that in you while a fake shallow person will be repelledwhy be discouraged? its a win win situationthe ppl who arent gonna suport u arent worth your timelet em goyou will be surrounded soon by a much better class of ppl anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
Aw thanks guys :D I just get frustrated with people constantly judging :/ it gets on my nerves. It is like people have nothing better to do these days.
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
I know right. It's like, "I'm bored,lets go make fun of someone." I want to move to a stranded Island with my bongo drums, some ice tea and herb :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm have u never looked at our pics here?u do know girls with dreads are hot as hell ?(i hate the term hot so..ok beautiful special amazing sexy unique ..umm whats the word that means so attractive u drool ? dready girls are just more worthwhile in every way..even if your a blind man whos never seen dreads or beauty or..girls..)rise above petty judgments shine your inner light and be the best you you can beu do not need the approval of jerks who well will never approve of u anyway unless u are a docile plastic stick thin makeup caked slightly dumb submissive lil nobody willing to behave exactly as they wantdont be who they want u to be be who you are

--
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
:D I concure. And I like the way you put so attractive you drool lol :D You guys are right though. I don't want anyone in my life that will not love me for who I am and only the way I look. It still isn't cool when you hear all the negativity though. It hurts. Not only because of the looks part but because of all of the good hearted people they are insulting without even realizing it.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Most of what I could say has already been said by other people so here is all I can add to the thread.

The sooner you stop caring about what other people think about you the sooner you feel better about yourself and the sooner the negativity stops affecting you.

Your thoughts of yourself is what matters.If you want to head dreadlocks, go for it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
see the eagles know what theyre talkin aboutthink about thiswhat causes body image issues anorexia self hatredtypicaly its caused by caring too much what others think and say coupled with ignorant ppl saying mean things like your fat your ugle so to tery to pleasee these ppl u starve even thinking its better to die then to be concidered fatthats no way to live living in fear of judgment isnt living at allhappiness comes from realizing that the opinions of others dont matter all that matters is that u are happy being ulosing another 10 pounds to please a loser wont make u happycombing your hair to avoid being judged wont make u happyonly not caring who thinks what of u will make u happy as long as u be a person that u can resperctbe kind be sweet ne smart be you be the best u u can be and u will be happy

--
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
I know I think its just because I am actually getting ready to do it. Kinda like last minute nerves or jitters.
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form