Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to twist and rip?

Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
ive attempted the twist and rip method but it doesnt work too well. should i section a piece of hair off and twist it all the way up and then rip it and then twist and rip and twist and rip etc. or is there a better way to do it? thanks in advance
updated by @matt5: 01/13/15 08:45:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea exactly twist once each "rip" u want to devide the section into diferently sized peices totaly random 1 rip its ok if 1 sides got 10 hairs and the other 1000 the next rip could be 900 100 etc total random amounts of hair in each side u pull apart do 5-10 pulls in between eve4y twist i heard 1 person say tha t completely letting it go to fall straight before the next twist helps avoid the braided lookso twist rip rip rip rip rip rip rip let go grab retwist rip rip rip rip rip..repeat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
Okay, thanks a lot, ill check the video but I got one more quick question: how tight do you twist it to begin? Do you twist it around until the hair is stiff or just a few times to mix the hair up?
Alessa's GiGi
@alessas-gigi
14 years ago
1 posts
The twist and rip video was informative. Pretty much what I've been doing to the 4 baby's in front. But... I've had them in for about 2 and a half weeks, and this weekend, most of them had untangled.. and I really ripped them apart several times before retwisting. I think my hair is dread resistant.
Jonathan Gonzalez
@jonathan-gonzalez
13 years ago
16 posts
after this what do you do?the next day do you twist and rip or what and what about when you sleep?
lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts
I think if you keep doing TnR, you'll have very slow progress with them locking up. They often fall out anyways. You just have to leave your hair alone and let it lock up by itself. Many people wear a wool tam when they sleep, but I don't think it's necessary.

Jonathan Gonzalez said:
after this what do you do?the next day do you twist and rip or what and what about when you sleep?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form