@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts

updated by @jdwood: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
Its not nothing i see something just not as much as id expect with the lengthhave u tried sea salt sprays? a tam?i think a week of wearing a ta, 1/2 the day will help u alotis it oily do you run fingers thru at all?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
..Well I should have been more specific. I meant nothing in the sense I did noting but wash it my bad, I have notice some change. No I have not tried sea salt spray but I think I will, thanks for the advice. It gets oily after 3 days. I was camping up north last week and I did not wash for 5 days, I spend all day in lakes I freedive and my hair was not even a bit oily it was very soft, northern lake water in awesome but as soon as I got home my hair when back to "normal". I don't run my fingers through them at all. soaringeagle said:
Its not nothing i see something just not as much as id expect with the length
have u tried sea salt sprays? a tam?

i think a week of wearing a ta, 1/2 the day will help u alot
is it oily do you run fingers thru at all?
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
I wash my hair every 2-3 days depends on the oiliness with neutrogena anti-residue. I sleep standing up..no just kidding I sleep on a normal bed with a normal pillow I guess..I don't understand what you mean by change my pillow case I wash it but I don't change it.
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Thanks for the advice I will definitely put all it to practice but still I am not really worried it will do what it has to do I will keep you all updated with the progress. Chewin Change said:
so I'm not an expert but I pay alot of attention to what people say in the forums.. that and I have some recommendations for ya too

okay I think it's worth a try to wash with somethin else.. maybe baking soda/acv or dr. bronnars. I prefer dr. bronnars and then baking soda/acv occasionally. dr. bronnar's has helped the most tho.

as for the pillow cases, I just meant washing em so there's no oil buildup. you could also try washing your face before you sleep if it gets greasy. if your pillow case is slick, change it to something rougher

you can put a wool sweater over your pillow, or wear a tam. I haven't done it personally but a lot of people here have recommended it.

i've also heard a while in the woods will help it dread it up.. from wind and stuff.

i'm still seeing progress.. it's not bad for 1 month, despite the length of your hair.. even tho your hairs longer, and "should" be dreading quicker, how long is 1 month really!?

Jdwood said:
I wash my hair every 2-3 days depends on the oiliness with neutrogena anti-residue. I sleep standing up..no just kidding I sleep on a normal bed with a normal pillow I guess..I don't understand what you mean by change my pillow case I wash it but I don't change it.
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Cool thanks Chewin Change said:
awesome! good luck and I'm sure there's nothin to worry about, give it a little time and you'll see! the first month is the hardest cause 1 hair becomes 2... 2 become 3... 3 become 4... you'll only notice when there's lots more hairs clumping together.

oh yea and make sure the wool tam/sweater you get is 100% real wool

lookin forward to your journey!
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Tanks, I sure hope so. Reggaevolucin said:
your gona have badass locks dude!
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Thanks for the complement. I don't know where I can get Br. Bronner's soap I guess I can order it from the net. I do have tea tree oil bar soap I can try that for now alternated with the baking soda and avc rinse but I am cool with the way things are now. Soon I will be on vacation and I am going back in the wilderness, lake water is going to be good for my hair it always make my hair extra soft but not silky so it gets tangle easier. Sister Rags said:
Hi Jdwood : ) Your hair is so beautiful. I do see it thinking about locking, and I am delighted for you that you're not obsessing over your hair. If you wanna speed the process some, I would definitely go with Br. Bronner's liquid soap alternated (every week or twice a week) with the baking soda/acv wash. My experience after 2 yrs of dreading is, the more I wash or wet my hair, the more it knots and locks. That said, I wouldn't suggest washing more often than you're doing.
Melissa!!!
@melissa
14 years ago
6 posts
I am unable to offer any more advice that hasn't already been said but you're going to to took totally hot with them!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form