Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello & Can I get some advice?

peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
So - I spent last night seperating (and multiplying!!!!). I now have 47-50 - I guess they will decide. No more rubberbands. My head feels so much better this morning. Sleeping in rubberbands must be some kind of ancient torture!!! I am going get some baby bronners (the only kind I can use without an allerrgic reaction) and baking soda today. I will post more pictures after the soda wash and another shower....these little ones are looking awesome.Funny how much pleasure you can get from your hair.It feels like my haor was always trying to be just like this - but I kept saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.HaPeace Everyone :)
updated by @peacelovinmama: 07/23/15 05:01:08PM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Seems like your on the right path. Start up a journal and forget about time, keep em clean, and no more palm rolling as it does nothing.
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
Thanks Emily, SE, and Jake for your comments! I will let you know how it goes. I am still working a desk job - but moving in a few weeks - and can keep these little locks out of the pony/bandana. I am guessing that will realy help!Peace... Jake Holland said:
Seems like your on the right path. Start up a journal and forget about time, keep em clean, and no more palm rolling as it does nothing.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I know what u mean about the rubber bands! I had them in for 2 days after doing my twist and rip and by the end I really couldn't stand them! It was pretty painful and getting them out was worse..and when I finally did get them out my sections were pretty strange looking so they did no good LOL!!Ignore them as much as you can. You'll have days when they look awesome and days when they look horrible...but they will always look good once they mature :D
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
TOTALLY! I had the rubberbands for the whole 6 days - and MAN - the root area looks funky. I thought it would help hold roots tight...NOT. It actually is weird because the root area is straight (like neglect style...) while the ends are knotted up from backcombing. Seperating them last night (on SE's recommendation due to thickness) was SO PAINFUL. I see the reason to start as you intend to go - and to seperating being your maintenance style! I LOVE them already. Feels like a new heaad today though - for sure!Can't wait for mature dreadies!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form