Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to convince your loved one?

Jessica Arnold
@jessica-arnold
14 years ago
17 posts
Hello everyone! My names Jessica. :) I am absolutely in lovee with dreadlocks and am thinking about starting my dreadlock journey in the near future. However, I am stuck with a little problem.. How can I go about convincing my boyfriend into supporting my decision? He has a good friend (who is also female) with dreadlocks and is supportive of her, but he said they wouldn't look good on me. :( So, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!
updated by @jessica-arnold: 02/14/15 07:39:06AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tell him its not his decision to make and your job is not to look good for himif he values you as a person he will still love you justr as much weith dreads, and if dreads make you happy then u desserve to have dreads and dreads will only help the relationship unless he refuses to accept themthen tell him if u think i wont look good in dreads you must think i dont look good at all since dreads are the way your hairs suposed to be they only enhance natural beautyin the end it dont matter what he thinks at all.. if he dont like em someonr better will..just remeber that..u choose to be with who u chooe to be with not cause of how they look but who they are..who u are is a person who loved dreads and wants dreads..so either your becomming the person he wants to be with..or he just wants to be with s body a face a look not a person inside..we love u eirther way :) welcome to the family

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica Arnold
@jessica-arnold
14 years ago
17 posts
Thank you so much SE, for helping me realize this. :) Hopefully soon I can inform you of the beginning of my dreadlock journey. :) soaringeagle said:
tell him its not his decision to make and your job is not to look good for him
if he values you as a person he will still love you justr as much weith dreads, and if dreads make you happy then u desserve to have dreads and dreads will only help the relationship unless he refuses to accept them

then tell him if u think i wont look good in dreads you must think i dont look good at all since dreads are the way your hairs suposed to be they only enhance natural beauty

in the end it dont matter what he thinks at all.. if he dont like em someonr better will..just remeber that..u choose to be with who u chooe to be with not cause of how they look but who they are..who u are is a person who loved dreads and wants dreads..so either your becomming the person he wants to be with..or he just wants to be with s body a face a look not a person inside..

we love u eirther way :) welcome to the family
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Sometimes it takes a while for loved ones to come around. Especially if they are conservative (like my family) or not accustomed to seeing dreadlocks on people (again, like my family). My husband was totally against it, but because I am doing it naturally, the change is gradual and he is getting used to it. He didn't think I was the "type" for dreads either. Just be true to yourself. If you really want to dread your hair and you are determined that it is for you, then eventually if this guy cares about you, he will come around. If not, and he just has a superficial reason for being with you, then like SE said, you'll unload him and eventually find someone who cares about you for what is on the "inside". Good Luck!!!
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Begin the dreadlock process anyway. At some point he will like them you just have to be patient with him as well as yourself and keep your hair clean.If you aren't already being supportive you need to be supportive if you want him to be.
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
I had a guy tell me a few weeks ago that they REALLY wouldnt suit me.I freaked out.Ive just spent 13 hours getting mine and its the BEST thing ive ever done.Seriously. If you want them. Get them.<3i never think I look good, and I beleived him when he said they wouldnt suit.But trust me. I look freakin awsome.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
My fianc said the same thing about me at first... but sure enough, they grew on him. Mr. Completely-resistant-to-change now loves playing with my dreads and giving me scalp massages and all kinds of things. Just tell him to keep an open mind. If he really loves you, he'll accept you, dreaded or not.
Jessica Arnold
@jessica-arnold
14 years ago
17 posts
Thank you all so much for the advice! Now all I need to do is look up on some how-to's and ask some of my close friends if they'll help me. ^^ Do you think I should dread it all or keep bangs? So many options haha! :)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I love the above answershow were you thinkin of starting them though?
Jessica Arnold
@jessica-arnold
14 years ago
17 posts
Actually, I have no idea where I want to begin. I've seen so many different techniques and methods.. Iain said:
I love the above answers
how were you thinkin of starting them though?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form