Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stoked to get some dreads going

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
SoaringEagle already answered the question, so I am just going to add to what he said.On the days you go surfing rinse your hair out really well. Rob G said:
Thanks for the help, today is day 1! Is it ok if my hair gets wet while I shower if I'm not wahing it? Also, I surf and I hear the salt water will help it lock up so I'm glad that that will help too

GoldenEagle said:
If you are still washing your hair once a day. Start washing your hair every other day for a month and then once every two days for another month and then once every three of four days. Doing this will allow your scalp more time to adjust to producing less oil more gradually. If you are living with any roommates or family members be sure to let them know what you aiming to do by washing your hair less often.
Rob G
@rob-g
14 years ago
6 posts
Thanks everyone for the advice! I will definitely be careful with the salt water and rinse it out really well.I bought dr bronners and I've been washing every 3rd day, it seems to be working great so far! And I bought mine at Target for $8 I think it's the small one, they have the big ones there for $12 too which is a pretty decent price, plus it's a pretty common place for most people to have easy access too. Thanks again everyone!

Sister Rags said:
Hi Rob, welcome : )I live in a moderate water (good balance between hard/soft) city and I still find that washing every other day or every 3rd day with Dr. Bronner's locks my hair best.I wonder why Dr. B's is so expensive for you? I just bought a bottle today (from a food store), small bottle, costs under $4. If you go to the Dr. B's home site and buy $20 worth of stuff, shipping is free.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form